As much as we love to stuff our faces (no secrets here!), sometimes all we really want is a healthy meal, particularly leading into bikini season. While we are constantly trawling Sydney's best restaurants, we've been on the hunt for some deliciously wholesome dinners, that we can consume guilt-free.
So, proving you can make friends with salad, we've rounded up 20 of Sydney's best healthy dinners.
- All hail the kale! Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel does a summer salad of chopped kale, pumpkin, quinoa, pomegranate and Persian feta, that'll have you lickin' your plate clean.
- Bondi institution Laurie's Vegetarian serve take-out salad boxes brimming with wholesome ingredients. Add a curry if you're really hungry.
- Harvest Vegetarian Restaurant in Rozelle dishes up delectable English spinach and kumara gnocchi in a lemon and garlic sauce.
- Get your (healthy) pizza fix at Agape Organic. It's made with organic spelt and laden with pumpkin, pesto, feta, caramelised onion, truffle and thyme.
- Fishmonger's grilled hoki fillet with salad, pesto and corn will have you coming back time and time again.
- Pay-what-you-feel restaurant Lentil As Anything serves vegetarian and vegan dinners that'll make you forget they're meat-free. The menu changes daily, but don't worry it's all delicious and healthy.
- Madame Nhu's legendary pho? with toppings like tiger prawn, Maryland chicken, grass-fed brisket or roasted duck, will nourish your insides.
- The Hill's pan-roasted Holmbrae chicken with quinoa, lentils and herbs is sure to hit the spot.
- Zushi's signature ocean roll of seared salmon, cucumber and avo is one of our most favourite healthy meals in Sydney.
- The newly opened Bruce Leaves in Bondi does a mean Kung Fu chicken soba noodle salad with white sesame dressing – delish!
- For some of the best dinner in Sydney, pay a visit to The Fish Shop in Potts Point. The grilled snapper with rocket and lemon is a must!
- An oldie but a goodie, Tre Viet's vermicelli salad bowls are always a winner!
- Get down to Mrs Sippy for the charred zucchini with mint and Woodside goat's curd.
- Sydney hot-spot Coogee Pavilion has you health nuts covered with their tasty smoked trout salad with charred sweet corn, roast peppers, avocado and coriander.
- Bills might be famed for its ricotta hotcakes, but it's the raw tuna and avo bowl that's really got us talking.
- You can't go past Yulli's green mango fried rice with a lemongrass and tom yum sauce.
- New kid on the block, The Collaroy's Vitality Salad is stacked with spiced sweet potato, marinated feta, toasted seeds and herb vinaigrette.
- Hungry at 5pm? Iku Wholefoods do wholesome curries, macro burgers, wraps and salads, prepared with their goodness intact.
- Head to Red Lily for soft rice paper rolls of char grilled beef, lemongrass and shallot terrine.
- We'd happily eat The Bucket List's chicken Cobb salad every night if we could!
Image credit: bills Bondi