Sydney was so Sydney in 2016. Here's a list of things to look back on that’ll make you say, “Naww, Syds, you do you; we love it”.
- People really, and we mean like REALLY, wanted to hang outside, in a bed, and watch movies.
- Golden Gaytime donuts are now something we don’t know how we ever lived without.
- We just couldn’t get enough of Golden Gaytime anything TBH.
- Eating fried chicken out of a shoebox and washing it down with a glass of moet.
- We got our first ever urban winery.
- Everybody wanted to borrow other people’s dogs; all of the fun, with none of the commitment.
- Fairy bread is still our favourite snack.
- Never affording a house because our collective love for smashed avo is just too real.
- What did we even drink before Frosé?
- Sydney now has a Nutella dessert bar.
- Our favourite fried chicken festival returned. Please come back.
- The Apple gods finally took our conversations to the next level. Hello bacon emoji.
- Seeing the Anzac Bridge in all it’s glory at the end of every The Bachelor ep.
- 2016 saw our fair city score its first ever espresso martini bar. Side note: they do a great margarita too.
- A huge food truck festival overtook Sydney’s west (and our social feeds).
- We all wanted a summer bod without having to exercise #fitspoforlyfe.
- The search for a beach that is actually a secret continues.
- Fights over Sydney’s best cheeseburger caused break ups.
- We only went to bars that were on a rooftop.
- Hokkaido Cheese Tarts arrived.
This was our most read story of 2016.
Image credit: Doughnut Time