Because Sydney is no friend to the frugal, we've put together a list of our favourite cheap eats so you can eat well without breaking the bank. From #dirtystreetpie to burgers that ooze warm cheesy goodness, let us arm you with the best breakfast, lunch and dinner options, all for less than a $10 note.
How many have you checked off the list?
1. A cup of wings at Mr Crackles - $7.50.
2. El Jannah's ½ chicken meal with chips, their famous garlic sauce and a soft drink - $9.90.
3. Manoush (meat pizza) at Belmore Lebanese Bakery - $3.50.
4. The famed classic bánh mì at Marrickville Pork Roll - $4.50.
5. Bangkok Bites' tom kha chicken soup with coconut milk, mushrooms, galangal and lemon juice - $9.90.
6. The hangover curing egg and bacon roll at O Organic Produce Café - $8.50.
7. Pumpkin, tarragon and feta quiche at Bourke Street Bakery - $5.
8. Dig in to the reuben at Reuben Republic's pop up market stall - $10.
9. The g'day satay pie at Funky Pies is just $6. Add mushy peas, mash and gravy for a flat $10.
10. Wasabi tuna sandwich with crunchy alfalfa at The Sandwich Shop - $8.95.
11. Nourishing beef laksa at Malay-Chinese Takeaway - $9.70.
12. The Dirty Burger with cheesy beer (yep, beer) sauce at Parlour Burger - $10.
13. Spicy Spanish chorizo 'haute dog' at the Snag Stand - $9.90.
14. Hell's Kitchen bagel (prosciutto, avo, feta, rocket) at Brooklyn Hide - $10.
15. The original roti canai at Mamak, served with 2 curry dips and sambal sauce - $5.50.
16. $3 Taco Tuesdays at The Norfolk – now that's a bargain!
17. Chur Burger's pulled pork burger with red slaw and fennel mayo - $10.
18. Ramen Zundo's light vegetable ramen - $9.70.
19. Fried noodles with your choice of toppings at Oriental Tuckerbox - $9.90.
20. Citrus cured king salmon sandwich at Table Sixty - $9.50.
21. Spiced banana bread served with soft raw honey at Bread & Circus - $10.
22. Mini egg bennie brioche roll at Brewtown Newtown - $8.50.
23. Mappen's seafood udon bowl - $9.90.
24. Tiger prawn and green mango rice paper rolls at MissChu - $7.50.
25. The gigantic Hot Star Large Fried Chicken combo with a soft drink - $9.90.
26. The Rice Den's roast duck wonton soup - $8.
27. Shrimp po'boy with fennel slaw at Miss Peaches - $10.
28. One for the vegos, the zucchini burger at The Veggie Patch van is just $10 a pop.
29. A steamer full of Xiao long bao at New Shanghai - $7.80.
30. Mac and cheese spring rolls at The Soda Factory (say whaaat?!) - $9.
31. A slice of porchetta pizza (pork belly, smoked mozzarella, grilled eggplant) at Frankie's - $5.
32. Chicken nuggets with ranch dressing and smoky sauce at The Chippendale Hotel - $10.
33. Uncle 'Tzimmy' classic pita (with chips!) at Zeus Street Greek - $9.50.
34. Rare beef pho at PHD Vietnamese restaurant - $10.
35. The signature Harry's 'Tiger' at Harry's Café de Wheels #dirtystreetpie - $6.
36. Grilled haloumi, muhammara and salad wrap at Café Mint - $9.50.
37. Mixed vegetable biryani at Maya Vegetarian - $9.90.
38. Fish & chips at Peter's Fish Market- $8.50.
39. Brekkie bun at the gorgeous Fika Swedish Kitchen - $10.
40. Can't go past $5 tacos at El Loco with tasty fillings like spit-roasted pork or lemongrass beef.
41. Runcible Spoon's twice cooked pork roll with pickled slaw and apple sauce - $10.
42. For an authentic taste of Indonesia, dive into Ayam Goreng 99's bakmie ayam - $8.50.
43. The Forresters' (back to school) lunch supreme pizza pockets - $10.
44. Chicken katsu with rice at Sushi On Stanley - $9.
45. Bolognaise served with crusty Italian bread at Royal Hotel - $9.50.
46. The Philly Cheesesteak jaffle at Neighbourhood - $10.
47. Three grain granola with poached pears, organic yoghurt and locally sourced honey at The Local Press - $10.
48. Madam Char Char's ¼ chicken and chips - $9.80.
49. Bert's beef pie at Lorraine's Patisserie - $7.90.
50. A midday must, pad thai at Chat Thai - $9.90.
Image credit: Tanya Lee