Why pay upwards of twenty bucks for a slice of crumbed chicken boob smothered in fancy pasta sauce at a swanky inner-city pub when you could spend the same amount AND do your own dishes at home afterwards?? That’s right, there’s nothing quite like scrubbing dried flour off the kitchen bench, which is why we’ve hunted down the crumb de la crumb of chicken parma recipes.
Here’s how to make a pub-standard chickie chickie parm parm at home.
- 1/2 a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 a cup of dry breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp of tomato pasta sauce
- Pop down to the shops and grab a number at the deli. Yes, you can buy a large Cadbury bunny if they’re on special. No, you can’t buy eleven. Have some bloody self-control FFS SMH.
- Head home and preheat the oven to 200° Celsius. Watch the latest episode of Unreal - it is WILD. Then place the parmesan cheese on a sheet of greaseproof paper and the breadcrumbs on a second sheet.
- Beat the egg whites in a wide but shallow bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of water. Get your chicken-dipping fingers ready and dunk the chicky breast into the parmesan cheese, then into the egg whites and then finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Got the olive oil nice and hawt over moderate heat in your favourite non-stick frying pan and cook those thrice coated chicken breasts for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer them to a baking tray and ~massage~ the pasta sauce on top with a spoon before sprankling it with mozzarella cheese and baking for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way through (VERY important).
- Grab a snap of those jazzed up chicken slices and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #chickychickyparmparmgetinmytumtum.
You can wrap your laughing gear around all of our other great recipes here.
Image credit: Griffin Simm