Let’s be real for a moment. I am by no means a yogi and I definitely cannot touch my toes. So when I heard about BodyMindLife’s Transformation Project I was pretty damn skeptical to say the least.
If you’re not familiar with the project—it’s 30 days of yoga, meditation, journaling and drinking your way (in water) to an improved state of overall being. Like I said, I can’t touch my toes, and I’ve also never meditated, so obviously the next 30 days were going to be a breeze.
I was off to a kickass start when I had to (honestly) tell them my alcohol consumption for the week prior. Let’s just say I’d had the kind of Friday night my Uber rating wasn’t thanking me for. Buuuuuuut, after ordering a brand new mat and active wear (hey, I might as well look the part), I was all in.
Here are 30 things that are guaranteed to happen when you do yoga for 30 days.
- You will question whether you’ll be a yogi at the end of this.
- Or a better person?
- Five days in you are most definitely still the same person, buuuuut with a much better outlook on life.
- You also most definitely deserve some new active wear.
- Better make that a matching set.
- In fact, your body is now a temple.
- A hungry AF temple.
- You tell yourself you can totes eat what you want because you’re doing five classes a week.
- How many sun salutations = a cheeseburger?
- Holy actual hell I touched my toes!
- With my legs straight.
- If you were familiar with the sheer length of my legs, you’d really appreciate (and understand) this genuine level of excitement.
- Not even kidding, and I even managed to get myself back up. Maybe I should become a yoga teacher? Jokes.
- But meditating is hard.
- Why can’t I stop thinking about dinner? Note to self: don’t meditate when hungry.
- Three weeks in you might not look like a yogi in your active wear, but hot damn do you feel like one.
- But then Saturday comes and you drink your daily 2-3 litres of water—in your wine.
- Yep, you’re still you.
- But 10 points for trying to meditate (even if you’re a little boozy) #committment.
- TBH this meditating thing is actually kind of amazing.
- You’re legit floating through the crazy that is life.
- And start sharing your daily affirmations in your work Slack thread.
- TGIF now means: Thank God For Another Day Of Life.
- You’re genuinely happier.
- In all aspects of life. Even the shitty ones.
- You question who you even are anymore, besides an all round superior being, obvs.
- And you brag accordingly to all who will listen (and even those who won’t).
- When was the last time you listened to your breath? I’m serious.
- Seeing if you can meditate for 20 minutes instead of 10 is now your idea of a lit Friday night.
Want to know what happened when we gave up wine for 30 days? Read this.
Image credit: Unsplash