Earth Hour is upon us for another year and that means it’s time to ditch the electricity for a full hour and yes, that includes your phone. Every year, millions of people across 180 countries switch off their lights and kick it old school by having conversations IRL, chilling out and maybe even having a little nap, all in the name of our Earth. This is the largest global movement for the environment and we know you’re oh-so down with that.
But guys, there are so many things you can do during Earth Hour in Sydney (this Saturday 24 March at 8:30pm in case you were wondering), and we urge you to avoid ‘gramming the crap out of it. It’s cheating.
- Take it to the next lev by grabbing you pooch and heading out of town to one of these dog-friendly camping spots.
- Have a conversation (crazy thought, we know).
- Use this as your excuse to have a romantic dinner with your gal pals, significant other or, you know, yourself. Don’t scrimp on the candles people.
- Play a board game because everyone loves Monopoly and everyone loves cheating in Monopoly even more.
- Head out to the garden and re-enact that scene from A Walk To Remember with the huge telescope. Okay, we’re sorry for even bringing it up.
- If you’ve been looking for an excuse to finally do the Bridge Climb, this is it. Watching the lights shut off across the city will be magical and you know it.
- Go for one of these coastal walks (maybe with a torch, because daylight savings).
- Book yourself into one of these luxe AF hotels, order room service then look over our dark city.
- Eat your weight in Easter eggs.
- Try your luck with an at home workout, then just spend the entire hour lying on the floor relaxing.
- Go for a late-night swim in your neighbour’s pool—bonus points if they don’t catch you.
Looking for places to eat and drink in Newtown? You need this.
Image credit: Porapak Apichodilok