THE URBAN LIST AND L’OR COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in The Urban List and L’OR Espresso travel promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. This Promotion is open to all Australian residents aged 18+.
3. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter, L’OR and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences at 06:00am AEST on Saturday 19th May 2018 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on Friday 1st June 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
5. Individuals must enter online via www.theurbanlist.com during the Promotional Period. To be eligible, entrants must:
- Complete all of the fields in the entry form as hosted on The Urban List, www.theurbanlist.com
- Answer in 25 words or less the question: Who would you take on the L’Or Parisian Experience and why?
6) Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The judging will take place at the Promoter’s address at 8 Hill St, Surry Hills, NSW on Monday 4th June at 11.30am AEST.
8) One (1) valid entry will be selected for the Prize as defined below. The Promoter may select an additional reserve entry, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
9) The Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry received within the Promotional Period will be judged individually based solely on the merits of the answer.
10) The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11) Prize: The winner will receive:
a) 1 x Flight Centre Travel Voucher to the value of $6,000.00 AUD.
In total, the prize is valued at $6,000.00 AUD.
12) Prize terms and conditions:
- Prize is valid for two people who must be aged 18 years or over.
- The Prize is subject to availability. Unless otherwise advertised by the Promoter, travel must be booked by the winner for travel between the date of receipt, and the following 12 months.
- Prize is non-refundable and may not be transferred for cash or any other goods or services, with any unused portions forfeited.
- All meals, beverages, tours, tips, transfers and any other extras not stated in the Prize description in clause 11 are the sole responsibility of the prize winner (including his/her guest).
- The prize is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer and blackout periods or limited availability may apply to special event periods and public holidays. Bookings are essential.
- Any issues, unforeseeable circumstances or personal / physical damage encountered whilst travelling is the responsibility of the prize winner. The promoter or L’OR take no responsibility in this regard.
- The winner and his/her guest must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city, and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure.
- Air tickets are available on regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos and blackout periods at the airline’s discretion.
- Frequent flyer points are not available from any airline.
- It is the winner and his/her guest’s responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports, visas, health documentation and additional documents that meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
- Any fines, penalties, payments, or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her guests.
13) The winner will be notified via e-mail, on Monday 4th June 2018. The winner must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their prize by replying to this e-mail with the details requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 12.00pm AEST on Thursday 7th June 2018.
14) Where the prize winner is not able to redeem any part of the Prize due to physical inability or incapacity, poor weather or any other circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the prize (or part thereof) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash, or other prize, goods or services.
15) Subject to clause 14, if a prize (or part thereof) is unavailable at the at the time of the selection of the prize winner, the Promoter will supply the winner with a similar prize of equivalent value.
16) If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge acceptance of and claim their prize by 12.00pm AEST on Thursday 7th June 2018, the prize will be forfeited and another winner selected on Tuesday 12th June 2018.
17) The Promoter or L’OR shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
18) The Promoter and L’OR reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
19) The Promoter and L’OR reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter or L’OR has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's or L’OR’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter or L’OR to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20) If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter and L’OR reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
21) If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be forfeited by that entrant, and the next best entry will be awarded.
22. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
23. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter and/or L’Or reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize.
24. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter and L’Or its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content supplied within the entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
25. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. Entrants also consent to being contacted by the Promoter to discuss the possibility of further promotional activity on social media pertaining to this promotion (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same)
27. Entrants that tick the tick box consenting to having their details passed onto the Promoter and L’Or agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s and L’OR’s email lists.
28. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or L’OR, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter and/or L’OR reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and L’OR (including its respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
32. All entries become the property of the Promoter and L’OR.
33. If any part or all of any term or condition contained in these Terms shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from there Terms to the extent of the unenforceability., invalidity or illegally and the other terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) appearing hand not been inserted herein.
34. These terms shall be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and each entrant agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
35. The Promoter is Urban List Pty Ltd (ABN 56 349 266 482), 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010. The Promotion is run in conjunction with Jacobs Douwe Egberts AU Pty Limited (L’Or).