We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- register or subscribe for a service, list or account;
- contact us by email, phone or contact us form;
- enter a contest or other trade promotion;
- attend an event; or
- visit our website.
The type of information we collect varies based on your activity:
- when you subscribe to a list, service, account or enter a contest, we may collect your name, location, date of birth, nationality, residential or postal address, email, phone number, or other information you disclose to us;
- when you visit our website or view our social media accounts, we may collect statistical information to analyse your online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, and other information for statistical purposes.
In certain circumstances, such as entering a contest, we will require accurate and correct information , however, should you contact us with a general question you may interact with us anonymously or through the use of pseudonym.
If we obtain personal information without an individual’s knowledge we will either delete/destroy the information, or inform the individual that we hold such information. We will hold any information acquired in this manner in accordance with this policy.
When personal information is used and disclosed
The primary purpose of collection is determined by the reason we collected and/or submitted the information. For example, if you subscribed to our mailing list, we will use your personal information to send you emails.
Other reasons include:
- verifying your identity if you enter a contest or subscribe to our mailing list;
- communicating with you in general:
- retargeting marketing campaigns; or
- enabling pixel tags so that when we send emails, it is in a format you can read and allow us to know if an email has been opened.
We will also disclose personal information in the following situations:
- third party websites when you have selected a link from our website to be redirected to their website;
- sponsors of contests to allow the sponsor to award the prize of the contest or trade promotion.
- we may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities or for any other lawful requirement or purpose, including to government agencies or regulators;
- we may disclose your personal information to employees, a related company and professional advisors, including lawyers; or in order to sell our business (in that we may need to transfer Personal Information to a new owner).
We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
We may disclose your personal information to our related entities in Australia and New Zealand and other oversea entities where those entities are contractors or service providers with whom we have a business association.
We may utilise third-party service providers (such as Gmail from Google, Inc., and MailChimp from The Rocket Science Group LLC) to communicate with you and to store contact details. These service providers are located in the United States of America.
Opting “In” or “Out”
At any time, you may request for us to stop using some or all of your personal information.
To opt-out of receiving emails, please contact us or select the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email. For all other types of services, please contact us.
Please note, that by removing your personal information, we may be unable to offer you the same level of service or in some instances, this will terminate your access to those services.
Security of your personal information
We store your personal information using secure servers protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we endeavour to only hold personal information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date, if you become aware this information is no longer accurate, complete or up-to-date please contact us to correct the information.
Disposal of personal information not required
How to access your personal information
Upon your request, we will provide access to your personal information we hold except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives, or law enforcement.
Questions and Contact
If you would like further information about the way we manage personal information we hold OR would like access to your personal information held by us please contact our Privacy Officer.
The Privacy Officer
The Urban List