THE URBAN LIST x TOURISM NZ City Faves Competition
‘Tell Us Your Fave Inner-City Hangs For A Chance To Win 1 Of 10 Prizes Worth $600’ Giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in The Urban List x Tourism NZ ‘Tell Us Your Inner-City Fave To Win A $600 Voucher’ Giveaway promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd ATF The Urban List Trust (ABN 56 349 266 482).
8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW. The Competition is being run with the support of the New Zealand Tourism Board trading as Tourism New Zealand (“Tourism NZ”), Level 1, 1 Nelson Street, Auckland, New Zealand.
The Promotion is open to all New Zealand residents aged 18 and over at the time of entry.
Employees and contractors (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter and Tourism NZ and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
The Promotion period commences at 9:00AM NZT Thursday 9th March 2023 and ends at 11:59PM NZT on Thursday 30th March 2023 (“Promotional Period”).
To enter, individuals must validly answer the questions in the typeform hosted on the competition page on the Urban List Website. https://www.theurbanlist.com/competitions/city-faves
Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid by the promoter.
Only one (1) Entry is permitted per person
Determining and Notifying the Winner
Selection of the winners will take place at the Sydney office of the Promoter, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 after 10:00AM NZT on Friday 31st March.
This competition will run as a Game of Skill. Ten (10) valid entries will be selected for the Prize based on originality and creativity, as dictated by The Promoter.
11. This Promotion is a Game of Skill and chance plays no part in determining the prize winners.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winners will be notified via email, on Friday 31st March 2023. The winners must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their Prize by replying to the specified e-mail with details requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 5:00PM NZT Wednesday 12th April 2023.
14. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge, accept and claim their Prize by 5:00PM NZT Wednesday 12th April 2023 the Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected.
15. The Promoter and Tourism NZ will have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to the winner’s spam mail, failure to check Instagram DMs, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
16. Any false prize notifications from unofficial Urban List Instagram accounts or email addresses are not valid.
17. The prize details are as below:
Each winner to win one (1) only of ten (10) prize packages with a total value of $600 NZD worth of New Zealand experiences in either Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch, to be agreed upon and curated by Urban List when the prize is awarded:
Accommodation voucher up to the value of $300NZD; and
Dining OR New Zealand Experience voucher up to the value of $300NZD
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE:
Up to the value of $600 NZD per one (1) winner
Total prize pool is up to the value of $6000 NZD split between a total of ten (10) winners
18. Prize terms and conditions:
● If a Prize (or part thereof) is unavailable at the time of the selection of the Prize winner, the Promoter will supply the winner with a similar prize of equivalent value (as determined by the Tourism NZ Promoter).
● If any prize is unavailable due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
● Any prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. The Promoter and Tourism NZ is are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any prize-winner as a result of the conduct of any third party supplier or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by applicable law
Anything not listed in the above prize details and value is not part of the prizing and will need to be covered by the Winner.
The prizing cannot be negotiated or traded in for cash or anything something else.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
20.The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
21. If a winner of the Prize is under the age of 18 years, the Prize will be forfeited by that entrant, and a redraw will occur.
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or suspend or modify a prize.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion without notice. The Promoter will announce any cancellation or modification to the Promotion on the Promotion page.
24. By accepting the prize, the winner give permission to the Promoter and Tourism NZ to document their response and use that documentation in promotional campaigns including but not limited to social media, email, editorial, advertorial, website content and additional video platforms.
25. As a condition of entering the Promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter and Tourism NZ, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
26. As a condition of accepting the Prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter or Tourism NZ, and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
27. Entrants may choose to opt in to have their email address added to the Promoter’s and Tourism NZ’s email list. By agreeing to receive emails from Tourism NZ including 100% Pure New Zealand emails, entrants consent to receive commercial electronic messages marketing and promoting Tourism NZ’s goods and services. Entrants also consent to receiving any electronic messages containing updated information in relation to Tourism NZ’s news and various other information of related interest. Entrants may unsubscribe at any time to receiving such messages by following the unsubscribe process specified in any such electronic message that you receive.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“CGA”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded including under the CGA, the Promoter and Tourism NZ (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
31. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
32. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. Entrants understand that they are providing their personal information to the Promoter and Tourism NZ and not to Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. Facebook, Twitter or any other social network will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the competition (including taking/use of a Prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
33. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of New Zealand.