Everyone’s favourite booze-filled journey, the classic pub crawl, has had a grape new transformation. Following successful events in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, the Urban Wine Walk is making its way to Queenstown this August.
So what's it all about? The Urban Wine Walk is an epic self-guided wine tasting experience, allowing participants to meander their way through New Zealand’s adventure playground's bustling bar and restaurant scene while sipping on a lip-smacking selection of NZ wines along the way.
This is no ordinary wine tasting event—Urban Wine Walk collaborates with local venues and winemakers to create the ultimate pop-up cellar door tasting experience, giving you a chance to get out and explore some of Queenstown's most established restaurants and wineries.
From midday until 4pm on Saturday 14 August, you set your own pace as you work your way from one pop-up cellar door to the next. Each winemaker will have a few of their favourite wines available for tasting, so you can make it your goal to hit all nine venues, or you can pick out a few that sound right up your alley and take a more relaxed pace.
Wondering what’s on offer? Here’s the full line-up.
1. Rātā Ft. Burn Cottage (Central Otago, NZ)
2. Habana Boutique Rum Bar Ft. Akarua (Central Otago, NZ)
3. Margo's Ft. Te Kano (Central Otago, NZ)
4. Madam Woo Ft. Dicey (Central Otago, NZ)
5. Attiqa Ft. Valli Wine (Central Otago, NZ)
6. The Grille by Eichardts Ft. Amisfield (Central Otago, NZ)
7. Little Blackwood Ft. Gibbston Valley (Central Otago, NZ)
8. Boardwalk Ft. Coal Pit (Central Otago, NZ)
9. Public Kitchen and Bar Ft. Mondillo (Central Otago, NZ)
For just $74 you'll get more than 27 tastings across the different venues, a $10 food voucher and a $25 wine voucher for any purchases you make on the day. All you need to do is decide where you’re starting.
After that, check out all the food news you probably missed this week.
Image credit: Attiqa
Editor's note: Urban List editors independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. Urban List has affiliate partnerships, so we may get revenue from your purchase.