It's been a love affair that has withstood the test of time. Yes, we're talking about our love for the mighty hokey pokey. Be it in ice cream or candy bars, hokey pokey always hits.
We're utterly obsessed with anything Whittaker's puts down and their hokey pokey crunch bars are no exception. When we got our hands on this moreish recipe we decided it was too good not to share (we got you), so without further ado, here's how you can whip up an awesome batch of Whittaker's hokey pokey crunch biscuits at home. Whether you choose to share is up to you.
Whittaker's Hokey Pokey Crunch Biscuits
- Prep time: 15mins
- Cook time: 15mins
- Servings: Approx 21 biscuits
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 110g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 150g Whittaker’s Hokey Pokey Crunch, chopped into chunks (remaining 100g chopped into squares)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugars, and butter until smooth.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then mix well to combine.
- Mix in 150g chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Spoon the mixture in approximately 1 ½ Tablespoon portions, placing them about 5cm apart on the baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Remove from the oven and place one square of chocolate on top of each biscuit, allowing it to melt onto the biscuit.
- Cool the biscuits on a tray for 5 mins, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Optional: Sprinkle with homemade Hokey Pokey for decoration.
While we're on the collab tip, check out Boring Oat Milk and Parrotdog's new hazy IPA.
Image credit: Whittaker's.