Air New Zealand Competition Terms & Conditions
“Air New Zealand – Buenos Aires” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Licence Type: Lottery-Trade Promotion-Single Promotion
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Competition open to all Australian residents aged 18+. By entering, entrant agrees to receive offers and promotions from The Urban List.
3. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter, Air New Zealand and The Urban List and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences at 10:00am on Monday 28th August 2017 and ends at 11.59pm on Sunday 17th September 2017 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
Enter their details in all required fields of the competition entry form, hosted on The Urban List website.
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The winner selection will take place at Urban List Pty Ltd, Studio 41, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010 on Monday 18th September 2017 commencing at 11.00am.
8. One (1) entry will be selected for the prize. The judge may select additional reserve entry, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
9. Entry criteria:
The entrant must use the form provided on the competition page to tell us in 25 words or less why The Urban List should pick them to write about South America
10. Winner will be selected at The Urban List discretion based on their 25 words or less entry, The Urban List is looking for creativity and good writing skills in the entry. This is a game of skill and the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Prize: The one (1) winner, will win the below prize:
- Return economy flights for two (2) people from Australia* to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 6 nights’ accommodation in Buenos Aires
- $250 payment for writing article
- Up to $3,000 spending money
Total prize pool redeemed is valued up to $8,000
12. Prize terms and conditions:
- *Return flights will be from the closest capital city airport to the winner’s residence.
- Prize remains subject to availability and is valid for two adults only (both adults must be aged 18 or over).
- The prize must be accepted by Wednesday 18th October 2017.
- All travel must be booked and redeemed before 30 June 2018.
- Flying on Air New Zealand aircraft only, from anywhere in Australia to Buenos Aires via Auckland.
- Not valid to fly on Australian, New Zealand or USA Public Holidays or from December 16 to January 14 inclusive.
- Government and Airport taxes are included.
- Passports and visas are the responsibility of the winners.
- Tickets are non-redeemable (for cash), and non-changeable (without incurring a fee).
- Passengers must be travelling together for all sectors (if more than one passenger per prize)
- Flights are available on a firm Economy basis, however are subject to seat availability at the time of reservation. 1 checked bag is included per person.
- Frequent Flyer points are not applicable.
- The prize must be used in one occasion, items cannot be redeemed on separate occasions.
- The Urban List will be responsible for booking the winners return flights. The winner must advise The Urban List of their date preferences three months in advance to the date.
- The accommodation will be at the discretion of The Urban List, and will be one room with one or two beds. Winner can request bedding arrangement.
- The hotel will take a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit to cover any incidentals.
- Prize is non-refundable and may not be transferred for cash or any other services, with any unused portions forfeited.
- $250 for article will be paid to the winner on receipt of content. Article must be written by the winner, true to The Urban List style and tone, however, it will be edited at The Urban List editor's discretion.
- The winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for selecting and attending any events or destinations of their choice that are not included in the itinerary.
- The winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for all other meals and expenses not specifically set forth herein.
- The winner and his/her guest will need to make their own arrangements for transport not specified in the prize and are solely responsible for any associated costs.
13. The winner’s will be notified via e-mail, on Monday 18th September 2017 by 5:30pm. The winner’s must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their prize by replying to this e-mail with details requested. This must be received by The Urban List Sydney no later than 12.00pm on Wednesday 18th October 2017.
14. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge accept of and claim their prize by 12.00pm on Wednesday 18th October 2017., the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected.
15. The Urban List shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
16. The Promoter, Air New Zealand and The Urban List reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
17. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter and Air New Zealand reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
19. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be forfeited by that entrant, and the next best entry will be awarded.
20. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
21. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter and/or Air New Zealand reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize.
22. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter and Air New Zealand, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
23. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter, Air New Zealand and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Air New Zealand using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Air New Zealand. Entrants also consent to being contacted by the Promoter and/or Air New Zealand to discuss the possibility of further promotional activity on social media pertaining to this promotion (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same)
25. Entrants agree to have their email address added to The Urban List email lists, and if the opt in box is selected, they agree to have their email added to Air New Zealand email list.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and/or Air New Zealand, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
28. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Air New Zealand (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
30. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
31. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au/publications/synopses/ds10syn.htm.
32. The Promoter is Urban List Pty Ltd (ABN 56 349 266 482), Studio 41, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010