Challenge For Change
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Win A Luxury Stay At One Of Bali's Top Eco-Resorts
The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd ATF The Urban List Trust (ABN 56 349 266 482).
Start date: 27/05/2019 at 9am AEST
End date: 10/07/2019 at 11:59pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents (excl. those living in ACT) who hold a valid passport (will need at least 6 months remaining on the term when traveling). Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter and a parent or guardian available to travel with them.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Online Pre-Challenge Quiz Submission: visit theurbanlist.com/competitions/challenge-for-change, and then fully complete and submit the online quiz within the dates of 27/05/2019 - 09/06/2019, with personal details (including name, email address & city). Entrants will receive one (1) entry for completion of the Pre-Challenge Quiz.
- Online Post-Challenge Quiz Submission: will be emailed to each person who completed the pre-challenge quiz. Recipients must fully complete and submit the online quiz within the dates of 01/07/2019 - 10/07/2019, with email address. Entrants will receive one (1) entry for completion of the Post-Challenge Quiz.
Note, if entrant completes Pre-Challenge Quiz only, they will get one (1) entry into chance draw. If entrant completes Pre-Challenge Quiz and Post-Challenge Quiz, they will receive a total of two (2) entries into the draw. Entrants will only be eligible to complete the Post-Challenge Quiz if they have first completed the Pre-Challenge Quiz first.
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE:
This prize is a Luxury Stay At One Of Bali's Top Eco-Resorts for two (2) people, which consists of the following:
- A Jetstar Gift Card loaded with AUD$1,500. This can be used to purchase return flights for winner and plus one from an Australian capital city to Denpasar, Bali, and will be valid to use between 10 July 2019 - 9 July 2022.
- 7x nights in a Beachfront Pool Suite at Hotel Komune (Bali), to be shared. 12 months validity from 10 July 2019, exclusion period of July, August & December 2019, as well as January 2020 applies. Value AUD$2,300.
- 7x yoga classes for winner and plus one during the stay (i.e. daily yoga classes). Value AUD$210.
- To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Complete the pre-challenge quiz as hosted on the website here; theurbanlist.com/competitions/challenge-for-change and promoted on the Promoter’s social media channels.
- For an additional entry, complete the post-challenge quiz which will be emailed to all people who completed the pre-challenge quiz.
- The judging will take place at the Melbourne office of the Promotor, Level 1, 66-68 Cubitt Street, Cremorne, Melbourne, 3121 at 2:00pm AEST on Friday 12th of July 2019.
- The Promoter’s will determine the winner based on random number draw. One (1) entry will be selected for the Prize. The judge may select additional reserve entries, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
This prize is for or relates to a 7 night stay at Hotel Komune (Bali). If the winner is unwilling or unable to travel to the designated destination, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Any resale of the 7-night stay at Hotel Komune (Bali) is prohibited and this element of the prize is non-transferrable.
- The 7 night stay at Hotel Komune (Bali) is valid through to 30 June 2020, but cannot be redeemed in the months of July, August, December 2019 or January 2020.
- Yoga sessions to be redeemed daily per person. They do not accumulate over the duration of your stay at Hotel Komune.
- The Jetstar gift voucher, value of $1500, is included to fully cover return flights from an Australian capital city to Denpasar in Bali, however if the cost of flights is greater than $1500, Urban List will not be liable to pay an excess.
- The Jetstar gift voucher does not have to be redeemed on flights associated with the 7-night stay at Hotel Komune (Bali), but must be redeemed before 10 July 2022.
- The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
- The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash or a substitute prize.
- Spending money, meals, porterage, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas (if applicable), vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description, are not included.
- The winner and their travel companion must be the holders of valid passports with at least 6 months validity remaining based on date of entry back into Australia, otherwise, the winner will forfeit the prize.
- It is the responsibility of the winner and their prize companion to arrange any necessary visas to travel to Bali. If the prize winner and their companion do not arrange for such required visas in sufficient time, they will forfeit the prize.
- If, for any reason beyond Urban List's control, the Hotel Komune can't be booked, the winner will forefeit this element of the prize and will have no claim against Urban List.
The winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of selection. The winner will be published on the Urban List Instagram Page (www.instagram.com/urbanlist) on the 12th of July 2019.
Prize must be claimed by 12/10/19 at 2:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 14/10/19 at 2:30 pm AEDT at Urban List, 66-68 Cubbitt St, Cremorne, VIC 3121. The winner of the redraw will be notified by phone and email within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) on the Urban List Instagram Page (www.instagram.com/urbanlist) by 16/10/19.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner. If we cannot contact the winner within 3 months following reasonable attempts, the winner may forfeit their right to the prize.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event or at the time stipulated by the Promoter for travel, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial, State/Territory, postcode or Country of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner and their travel companion (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner or travel companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner or travel companion will be required to sign the legal release on the winner or travel companion's behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant must participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and their guest) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- NSW permit number: LTPS/19/34959
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- register or subscribe for a service, list or account;
- contact us by email, phone or contact us form;
- enter a contest or other trade promotion;
- attend an event; or
- visit our website.
The type of information we collect varies based on your activity:
- when you subscribe to a list, service, account or enter a contest, we may collect your name, location, date of birth, nationality, residential or postal address, email, phone number, or other information you disclose to us;
- when you visit our website or view our social media accounts, we may collect statistical information to analyse your online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, and other information for statistical purposes.
In certain circumstances, such as entering a contest, we will require accurate and correct information , however, should you contact us with a general question you may interact with us anonymously or through the use of pseudonym.
If we obtain personal information without an individual’s knowledge we will either delete/destroy the information, or inform the individual that we hold such information. We will hold any information acquired in this manner in accordance with this policy.
When personal information is used and disclosed
The primary purpose of collection is determined by the reason we collected and/or submitted the information. For example, if you subscribed to our mailing list, we will use your personal information to send you emails.
Other reasons include:
- verifying your identity if you enter a contest or subscribe to our mailing list;
- communicating with you in general:
- retargeting marketing campaigns; or
- enabling pixel tags so that when we send emails, it is in a format you can read and allow us to know if an email has been opened.
We will also disclose personal information in the following situations:
- third party websites when you have selected a link from our website to be redirected to their website;
- sponsors of contests to allow the sponsor to award the prize of the contest or trade promotion.
- we may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities or for any other lawful requirement or purpose, including to government agencies or regulators;
- we may disclose your personal information to employees, a related company and professional advisors, including lawyers; or in order to sell our business (in that we may need to transfer Personal Information to a new owner).
We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
We may disclose your personal information to our related entities in Australia and New Zealand and other oversea entities where those entities are contractors or service providers with whom we have a business association.
We may utilise third-party service providers (such as Gmail from Google, Inc., and MailChimp from The Rocket Science Group LLC) to communicate with you and to store contact details. These service providers are located in the United States of America.
Opting “In” or “Out”
At any time, you may request for us to stop using some or all of your personal information.
To opt-out of receiving emails, please contact us or select the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email. For all other types of services, please contact us.
Please note, that by removing your personal information, we may be unable to offer you the same level of service or in some instances, this will terminate your access to those services.
Security of your personal information
We store your personal information using secure servers protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we endeavour to only hold personal information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date, if you become aware this information is no longer accurate, complete or up-to-date please contact us to correct the information.
Disposal of personal information not required
How to access your personal information
Upon your request, we will provide access to your personal information we hold except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives, or law enforcement.
Questions and Contact
If you would like further information about the way we manage personal information we hold OR would like access to your personal information held by us please contact our Privacy Officer.
The Privacy Officer
The Urban List