“THE URBAN LIST – VILLAGE ROADSHOW” PROMOTION
“THE URBAN LIST – VILLAGE ROADSHOW” PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in The Urban List & Village Roadshow – promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. This Promotion is open to all Sydney residents aged 18+. By entering, each entrant agrees to receive offers and promotions from the Promoter (The Urban List) and Village Roadshow.
3. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter, Village Roadshow and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences at 12:00pm AEST on Monday 21st August 2017 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on Monday 28th August 2017 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Complete all compulsory fields in the entry form as hosted on The Urban List, www.theurbanlist.com/sydney
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The judging will take place at the Promoter, Level 4, 8 Hill St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 on Tuesday 29th August commencing at 11.00am AEST.
8. Ten (10) valid entries will be selected for the Major Prize. The Promoter may select an additional reserve entry, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
9. The winner will be selected at random.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Major Prize: The winners will receive the Major Prize. The Major Prize includes:
a) 2 x dinner tickets (winner and their guest) held at Q Station, Manly
b) Return Transfers from Sydney CBD (Circular Quay)
c) 2 x tickets to IT Movie private screening, held at Cremorne Orpheum Cinema
d) 1 x small popcorn and 1 x bottle of water per person included at the screening, anything additional comes
In total, the prize is valued at $150.00 AUD (Promoter reserves the right to inflate the value should additional costs be incurred).
12. Prize terms and conditions:
- Prize is valid for two adults only (both adults must be aged 18 or over).
- Prize is non-refundable and may not be transferred for cash or any other goods or services, with any unused portions forfeited.
- The winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for attending ticketed events. Ticket prices will not be refunded in the case of no attendance.
- All meals, beverages, tours, tips, transfers and any other extras not stated in the Major Prize description in clause 11 are the sole responsibility of the prize winner (including his/her guest).
13. The winner will be notified via e-mail, on Wednesday 30th August 2017. The winner must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their prize by replying to this e-mail with details requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 12.00pm AEST on Friday 1st September 2017.
14. Where the prize winner is not able to redeem any part of the Major Prize due to physical inability or incapacity, poor weather or any other circumstances beyond the Promoter’s or Village Roadshow’s reasonable control, then the prize (or part thereof) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash, or other prize, goods or services.
15. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge accept of and claim their prize by 12.00pm AEST on Tuesday 5th September 2017, the prize will be forfeited and another winner selected.
16. The Promoter shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
17. The winner’s contact details will be provided to Village Roadshow who will provide offers and promotions communications. Village Roadshow will handle the winner’s personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
18. The Promoter and Village Roadshow reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
19. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter and Village Roadshow reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
21. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be forfeited by that entrant, and the next best entry will be awarded.
22. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
23. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter and/or Village Roadshow reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize.
24. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter and Village Roadshow, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
25. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter, Village Roadshow and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Village Roadshow using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Village Roadshow. Entrants also consent to being contacted by the Promoter and/or Village Roadshow to discuss the possibility of further promotional activity on social media pertaining to this promotion (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same)
27. Entrants agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s and Village Roadshow’s email distribution lists and added to company database.
28. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and/or Village Roadshow, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Village Roadshow (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
33. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
34. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au/publications/synopses/ds10syn.htm.
35. The Promoter is Urban List Pty Ltd (ABN 56 349 266 482), 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
36. “Roadshow Films Pty Ltd” (ABN 43 010 672 054), Level 1, 1 Garden Street, South Yarra, VIC, 3141, Australia