THE URBAN LIST’S “DESTINATION BYRON – BALLINA – COMPETITION 2” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in Destination Byron – Ballina promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance
of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd ATF The Urban List Trust (ABN 56 349 266 482).
3. The Promotion is open to all Australian residents aged 18 and over.
4. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the
Promoter, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with
this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse,
ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent,
step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister,
step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
5. The Promotion period commences at 10:00am AEST on Tuesday 7 th August 2018 and ends at
11:59pm AEST on Tuesday 21 st August 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Complete the entry form as hosted on the Promoter’s website,
- Game of Skill: Tell us in 25 words or less, what's at the top of your Byron, Ballina
and beyond bucket list
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
Determining and Notifying the Winner
8. The judging will take place at the Melbourne office of the Promotor, Level 1, 66-68 Cubitt
Street, Cremorne, Melbourne, 3121 at 2:00pm AEST on Wednesday 23 rd August 2018. The
Promoter’s panel of judges will determine the winner based on the originality and
creativeness of the entrant’s answer.
9. One (1) entry will be selected for the Prize. The judges may select additional reserve entry, in
case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner’s will be notified via e-mail, on Wednesday 23 rd August 2018. The winner’s must
acknowledge acceptance of and claim their Prize by replying to this e-mail with details
requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 12.00pm AEST on Monday
27 th August 2018.
12. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge accept of and claim their Prize by 12.00pm
AEST on Monday 27 th August 2018, the Prize will be forfeited and another winner selected.
13. The Promoter will have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s
spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or
otherwise non-functioning contact information.
14. A) The one (1) winner of the Prize, will receive:
3 nights at Ramada Ballina for two - $525
Bonefish in Ballina - Seafood platter for two - $98
Air T & G – Double pass Lovin Lennox Flight ($280)
Ballina Kayaks - Deluxe kayak tour for two ($159)
Byron Bay Adventure Tours - Double pass Hinterland Adventure Tour ($278) and double pass
Byron and Beyond Tour ($338)
In total the Prize/s is valued at $ 1,678.00
15. Prize terms and conditions:
● The Prize may only be used 23 rd August – 6 th December 2018 (excluding VIC & NSW,
QLD school holidays).
● All Prize redemptions are subject to venue capacity and availability.
● This Prize cannot be exchanged for goods or cash, nor can it be sold to any other
person, and is non-transferrable. Prizes or any unused portion of a Prize, are not
transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
● The winner is solely responsible for any and all travel expenses to and from the Prize
● All additional meals, beverages, tips or any other extras not stated in the Prize
description are the sole responsibility of the winner.
● If a Prize (or part thereof) is unavailable at the time of the selection of the Prize
winner, the Promoter will supply the winner with a similar prize of equivalent value
(as determined by the Promoter).
16. Ballina Shire Council will be informed of the winning entry and the winner’s details. With
winners details being provided to Ballina Shire Council.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
18. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered
with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated
to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be
accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at
any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. If a winner of the Prize is under the age of 18 years, the Prize will be forfeited by that
entrant, and the next best entry will be awarded.
20. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the
right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize.
21. By attending the Prize event, all winners and their guests give permission to the Promoter to
document their image and use that documentation in promotional campaigns including but
not limited to social media, email, editorial, advertorial, website content and additional
22. As a condition of entering the Promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its
affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable,
and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry
(which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future
promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation,
restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in
relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
23. As a condition of accepting the Prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the
form required by the Promoter, and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including
but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
24. Entrants agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s email list.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition
and Consumer Act, (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by
law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its
respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for
any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct,
indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
26. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for
this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents,
contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory
authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an
indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use this information, and disclose this
information to third parties, including but not limited to Ballina Shire Council (ABN 53 929
887 369) for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including
sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request
to opt out, access, update or correct personal information to the Promoter. The Promoters
27. All entries become the property of the Promoter.