URBAN LIST PROMOTING TOURISM NEW ZEALAND’S #ULWinterEscape
URBAN LIST PROMOTING TOURISM NEW ZEALAND’S #ULWinterEscape
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the Prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in URBAN LIST PROMOTING TOURISM NEW ZEALAND’S #ULWinterEscape promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid.
2. The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd as trustee for The Urban List Trust (ABN 56 349 266 482).
3. The Promotion is open to all New Zealand residents aged 18 and over.
4. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter or the New Zealand Tourism Board trading as Tourism New Zealand (“Tourism NZ”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
5. The Promotion period commences at 12:00PM NZST on Wednesday 9th June 2021 and ends at 11:59PM NZST on Thursday 15th July 2021. (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must (i) complete the entry via uploading a photo of themselves to Instagram on their feed with the hashtag #ULWinterEscape during the Promotional Period as hosted on the Promoter’s Instagram www.instagram.com/urbanlistnz/, and (ii) comment on the competition entry post (Competition Post) hosted on @urbanlistnz Instagram page, and be following @urbanlistnz and @purenewzealand. Entries from private Instagram accounts must be validated by sending a screenshot of the entry to the Promoter’s Instagram account @urbanlistnz.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entries must not be obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or violate any law.
Determining and Notifying the Winner
9. Selection of the winner will take place at the Sydney office of the Promoter, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 at 2:00pm AEST on Friday 16th July 2021.
10. This competition will run as a Game of Chance. One (1) entry will be selected for the Prize via an online number generator.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winner will be notified via direct messaging, on Friday 16th July 2021. The winner must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their Prize by replying to the message with details requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 12:00PM AEST Wednesday 21st July 2021.
13. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge, accept and claim their Prize by 12:00PM AEST Wednesday 21st July 2021 the Prize will be forfeited and another winner selected.
14. The Promoter will have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
15. The prize is a $500 NZD Visa Gift Card to go towards some or all of the winner's next winter escape of the winner’s choice (“Prize”).
16. Prize terms and conditions:
- The winner will be responsible for any costs associated with accepting the Prize that are beyond the value or scope of the Prize, such as spending money and any additional travel expenses.
- This Prize cannot be exchanged for goods, services or cash, nor can it be sold to any other person. The Prize or any unused portion of a Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
0 If a Prize (or part thereof) is unavailable at the time of the selection of the Prize winner, the Promoter will supply the winner with a similar prize of equivalent value (as determined by the Promoter).
- The Visa Gift Card will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
18. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. If a winner of the Prize is under the age of 18 years or is otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion, the Prize will be forfeited by that entrant, and a redraw will occur.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any use of the Prize, including without limitation any cancellation, delay or rescheduling, and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
21. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, alert level restrictions or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or suspend or modify the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion without notice.
22. By accepting the Prize, the winner and their guests give permission to the Promoter to document their image and use that documentation in promotional campaigns including but not limited to social media, email, editorial, advertorial, website content and additional video platforms. We always ask permission to use anyone's social imagery, photography, experience. As this competition has a UGC component, what we require is covered in point 23.
23. As a condition of entering the Promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees (including Tourism NZ) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes), in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
24. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter, and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25.Entrants agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s email list.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be limited or excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Tourism NZ (including their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
28. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
29. These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law.
30. Participants release Instagram from any liability in relation to this Promotion. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram.