We’ve teamed up with our friends at MINI to track down the best things to do in Sydney this month! With new restaurant openings, live performances, and more events than you can poke a (gear)stick at, MINI and The Urban List have got you covered. Bring on March!
So what’s on our hit list of things to do in Sydney this March?
10. Bringing the taste of Bangladeshi street food to Crown Street, Bang is one new Sydney restaurant you’ll want to add to your must-visit list this March. With drool-inducing dishes, such as honey roasted paneer with eschallots and peas, and duck egg omelette with blue swimmer crab, plus a mean cocktail list to boot, this Sydney restaurant is going off with a bang.
9. Get a bit of culture into you this March with Aida on Sydney Harbour. We can’t imagine anything more spectacular than watching this operatic masterpiece against the backdrop of a Sydney Harbour silhouette at sunset.
8. Remember slurping up the last little bits of sweet, sweet milk from your cereal bowl as a kid? We do. And now you can enjoy an adult-size serving at new Sydney café, Dr Faustus. Go on. You know you want to.
7. On March 28th, help raise awareness of global warming by joining thousands of Aussies in the dark with Earth Hour. Check the website for delicious Earth Hour events in Sydney including pop-up restaurants, twilight picnics, and food fairs. Saving the earth while eating delicious treats by candlelight? Count us in!
6. It’s a nice day for a… performance by Billy Idol at A Day On The Green on March 28th (doesn’t have quite the same ring, does it?). Located in the picturesque Bimbadgen Winery in the Hunter Valley, get out of the city and dance along to ‘Hot In The City’, under the stars with a wine in your hand..
5. Wildly popular Sydney café, Devon has opened a second spot on Danks Street much to the thrill of Waterloo locals. Their famed Devon By Night menu will be available at their new outpost and features dishes inspired by the chef’s travels around Asia—think kji fried chicken wings, seared bonito, and Devon’s classic lobster roll.
4. Get in touch with your inner Frenchy at the Alliance Français French Film Festival this month. With a tonne of French flicks screening at theatres around Sydney, enjoy wine, canapés, and live entertainment with the kind of elegance and flair only the French can pull off.
3. A new Surry Hills small bar is winning the hearts and stomachs of Japanese food and drink lovers Sydney wide. Tokyo Bird serves up some of the most legit yakitori in Sydney as well as offering a wide range of Japanese whiskies. Kanpai!
2. World-renowned British music producer and DJ, Bonobo will be gracing our fair shores at The Hi-Fi as part of his Australian tour. With spectacular visuals accompanying his electro tunes, dance the night away at this not-to-be-missed event.
1. The Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras parade is a Sydney institution and this year’s event promises to be the most fabulous ever! This annual spectacle will be held on Saturday March 7th and we suggest getting there early to nab yourself a spot so close to the action you’ll walk away covered in glitter and sequins (if you’re not already).
Can't wait to hit up all the events this month? Well why not WIN somethin' while you do?! Simply Instagram and tag @miniaustralia and #theminiedition when you are at any of the 10 March events, and you’ll be in the draw to win a $300 dining experience at Tokyo Bird! Click here for more details.