The days may be colder but that doesn’t mean your love life should suffer. In fact, it’s more important than ever to get your date on—you need to secure a cuddle buddy for the chilly nights ahead. Whether you’re looking to impress your Tinderella/Tinderfella or you’re happily married with kids, there’s no shortage of winter romance in this city of ours. Here are our picks of the most romantic things to do in Auckland this winter.
1. Nothing says romance like binge-watching Netflix together.
2. Want an excuse to hold their hand? Interlock fingers as you stroll through The Domain’s Wintergarden.
3. Cosy up at Stafford Road Wine Bar. Eat all the things and drink all the wine.
4. Afterwards, walk across the road to The Bridgeway boutique cinema to catch a flick.
6. Love is in the air (literally) at SKYCITY’s Sugar Club. Book a table for two and take in the breathtaking views together.
7. Learn a new card game together. Yaniv is a great place to start.
8. Alternate with games of Yahtzee.
9. Could there be any sport more romantic than ice skating? Nope, probably not. Hold hands as your whisk around the Aotea Square Ice Rink.
10. Afterwards, grab an ice cream from Giapo. It’s never too cold for ice cream #yolo.
11. Jump for your love at Jump indoor trampoline park.
12. Climb up the walls at Extreme Edge rock climbing with your partner in crime.
13. It’s not really picnic weather. Have a wine and cheese night at home instead.
14. Work your way through these cosy weekend escapes for chilly weekends.
15. Sip on mulled wine and hot cider beside the fire at The Conservatory.
16. Spend the day “watching DVDs” with bae. Interpret as you please.
17. Book a room for two at Hotel DeBrett and have an Auckland staycation.
18. Re-watch the entire Breaking Bad series from start to finish.
19. Couples that play together, stay together. Head to TimeZone arcade and win bae a teddy bear.
20. Rain, hail or shine, the Auckland War Memorial Museum is a good time.
21. The same goes for the Auckland Art Gallery.
22. Indulge in a spa treatment for two at East Day Spa.
23. Head to Rosie and get amongst their deconstructed salted caramel hot chocolate. If the weather is playing nice, stroll around the Parnell Rose Gardens afterwards.
24. Stare into each other’s eyes as you share a fondant chocolate pot at The Blue Breeze Inn.
25. Work your way through the tapas menu at Pocket Bar. Pro tip: Visit on a Sunday when they have live music.
26. Everyone knows the way to someone’s heart is through dumplings. Take bae to Xuxu dumpling bar.
27. Laugh yourself warm and share a chuckle at The Classic comedy club.
28. Make like the Lady and the Tramp and share a bowl of pasta with your boo at Non Solo Pizza.
29. Build a blanket fort.
Need more lovespiration? Check out The 10 Most Romantic Things To Do In Auckland.
Image credit: The Notebook