There's no denying tacos are an absolute crowd favourite. From beef to beans and everything in between, there are so many ways to fill your shell and feast on the tasty morsels.
Need a little inspiration for your next at-home taco Tuesday? We've teamed up with Old El Paso to help you add three new and delicious recipes to your repertoire. So, next time you're craving Mexican food, whip up these tried and tested tacos for a guaranteed good time.
Vegan Corn and Bean Tacos with Miso Mayo
These vegan tacos are filled with charred beans and corn, crunchy slaw, buttery avocado and umami-packed miso mayo—so tasty your carnivorous-inclined mates won't even notice.
125g vegan mayonnaise
1 tbsp white miso paste
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
125g Chinese leaves, shredded
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
1 spring onion, thinly sliced diagonally
1 tbsp olive oil
1 x 198g tin sweetcorn, drained and patted dry
1 x 215g tin kidney beans, rinsed, drained, patted dry
1 Old El Paso™ Taco Spice Mix sachet
2 avocados, stones removed, peeled and sliced
1 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N' Stuff Tortillas (8 tortillas) pack
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Lime wedges, to serve
1. In a medium bowl, beat the miso mayo ingredients with a whisk to combine. Transfer 75ml to a small bowl for serving and set aside. Add the Chinese leaves, carrot and spring onion to the remaining miso mayo left in the bowl and toss to coat.
2. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add corn and beans and cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly charred, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in spice mix and 1 tablespoon water.
3. Heat tortillas to pack instructions. Divide avocado slices evenly between tortillas, then top with leaf mixture. Top with the corn and beans. Drizzle with remaining miso mayo and scatter over the coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
Crispy Chicken And Pineapple Tacos
These easy-to-make tacos are sweet, savoury and filled with soft and crunchy textures.
1 Old El Paso™ Crispy Chicken Soft Taco Kit
600g thinly sliced chicken fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 finely diced peeled pineapple
1 cup finely chopped coriander
1 finely chopped small red chilli
50g spinach leaves
1. Toss chicken, oil and Crispy Chicken Spice Mix in a medium bowl, and combine well. Preheat oven 220°C (200°C fan forced). Place coated chicken in a single layer on a baking paper-lined oven tray and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
2. Combine pineapple, coriander and chilli to make salsa.
3. Warm tortillas to pack instructions.
4. Top warmed soft tacos with spinach leaves, crispy chicken, pineapple salsa and sweet chilli taco sauce.
Steak Tacos with Whipped Lemon-Herb Ricotta
Take your tacos up a notch with zesty whipped ricotta, crunchy radishes and peppery rocket.
250g ricotta cheese
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt
2 ribeye steaks (200g each)
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N' Stuff Soft Tortilla Boats (8 tortillas) pack
60g rocket leaves
6 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 large tomato, deseeded and diced
2 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Place whipped ricotta ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 1-2 minutes, until smooth and combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
2. Rub steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until seared and cooked to your liking.
3. Transfer to a chopping board, cover and let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
4. Heat tortillas to pack instructions. Divide rocket and sliced radishes evenly between tortillas, then top with the steak slices. Top with a spoonful of the whipped ricotta and diced tomato, then serve with parsley. Serve any remaining whipped ricotta on the side.
Editor’s note: This article is sponsored by Old El Paso and proudly endorsed by Urban List. To find out more about who we work with and why read our editorial policy here.