Everyone loves a bargain. Fact. Whether it’s a buy-one-get-one-free drink special or the shirt you've been eyeing up for an eternity has finally been reduced to a justifiable and no-need-to-hide-from-your-partner price. At the end of the day, us Aucklanders like to get as much bang for our buck.
Because we're always trying to help out our fellow Jafa's, we've rounded up 20 things to do in Auckland for $20 (or under!) We know, we rule.
- Catch the latest flick for five bucks, every Wednesday at Academy Cinema. Bloody bargain we say!
- Perfect that belly laugh and girly giggle for $15 Wednesday nights at the Comedy Club.
- Borrow a dollar and get three Little and Friday cakes for $21 bucks. Because one or two are never enough, duh.
- Buy the cheapest bottle of wine possible, grab a portion of dumplings from New Flavour and say hellooo to free corkage!
- Or buy a bottle of vino, cheese and a box of crackers and have your own cheese and wine night. Add Bridget Jones and you're on for a winner.
- Cuddle up to the kitties at Barista Cats Cafe. Coffee and cats = match made in heaven.
- Feed that sweet tooth and creative juices by designing your own lollipop at The Old Lolly Shop in Takapuna for a measly $4!
- Release your anger as you smash your way though 100 balls at Topgolf Driving Range in Kumeu. $12 is hella worth it.
- Buy a few scratchies and win your money back, or who knows, maybe even the big bucks!
- 'Jump up, jump up and get down!' Jump around at Uptown Bounce for only $16.
- Suppress your giggles and become at one with the brush as you take part in a life drawing class at Auckland CBD Life Drawing for $10.
- Release your inner Shakira at a Phoenix Belly Dancing class, starting from $15. You'll be yodeling in no time too.
- Don those yoga pants (as if you don’t already) and head over to Om Yoga Studio for a $20 Zen-filled workout.
- Or, if you’re like us, don those stretchy and comfy yoga pants for an entirely different reason, as you discover one of Auckland’s Cheap Eats.
- Chow down on one of Little Easy’s $10 burgers, and have change for a pint of the good stuff. You just can't beat a burger and a beer.
- Go for a swim in the sea. It’s free, but may be a bit cold, so why not hit up the Tepid Baths instead for a $7.50 soak.
- Grab a $4 pizza at Freeman & Grey, or get 5 for $20. Prepare to fall deep into a carb coma. P.S, so worth it.
- Book a table and a team for their quiz night at Citizen Park every Tuesday. Guess what? It's FREE!
- Happy hour at Coco’s Cantina means $13 Pasta Pomodoro and $7 drink specials. It would be rude not to, silly.
- Get a quick lick at POP Nails for $20. Party nails are go!
- 50 Things To Do In Auckland For Less Than $50
- 30 Free Things To Do In Auckland
- 50 Meals You Should Have Eaten In 2016 (So Far)
Image credit: Supplied