Are you ready to treat yo'self, Auckland? Because here at Urban List, we most definitely are.
Yes, after spending what seems like an eternity at Alert Level 4, we're jumping up and down like excited little kids at the fact we can once again enjoy some of our fave treats—and that's before the sugar's even kicked in.
From OTT cookie pies through to some of the tastiest ice cream in town, here are the Auckland businesses spreading a bit of cheer—and a whole lotta sugar—throughout Alert Level 3, with home delivery direct to your bubble (and ours).
- Amy's Secret Kitchen— Choose from beautifully baked and delicately decorated cupcakes, macarons, biscuits and larger-size cakes (of which the popcorn-flavoured one is particularly delish). Click here for more info.
- Bluebells Cakery— For some of the prettiest eats around, including cheesecakes, tarts, and an amazing range of cakes and cupcakes. They even have a takeaway high tea up for grabs, should you feel like treating yourself (and your housemates) to something extra spesh. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- The Caker— It's always a good time for cake, especially one that's been made by Jordan Rondel and her team of talented bakers at The Caker. They've even created a special 'bubble-sized' cake, designed to feed 4-6 people and available in either black forest, baklava, or matcha cherry flavour. Click here for more info.
- Daldang— The mac daddy of macarons. These guys specialise in an OTT version of the treat from Korea known as 'fatcarons', which are pumped full of novelty flavoured buttercream. Unfortunately these are available for pick-up only but they're so damn good, we simply had to include them. Click here for more info.
- Doughnut Haus— These vegan treats are just as delish as their cookie counterparts (Doughnut Haus' sister company is Kookie Haus, also listed here). Choose from 12 gourmet flavours, including Ferrero rocher, blueberry cheesecake, and sherbet fizz. Click here for more info.
- Duck Island— The legends at Duck Island are also sending ice cream direct to your door, courtesy of their cute pink delivery truck. Available by the pint, with 25 flavours to choose from including peppermint slice, toasted marshmallow and coffee cream. Pick-up also available from their Newmarket and Ponsonby stores. Click here for more info.
- Giapo— Ice cream lovers, brace yourselves—because Giapo are offering home delivery for the first time ever. They'll be slinging scoops of their most sought-after flavours in both cone and tub form, along with a yummy self-saucing pud (topped with ice cream, of course). Pick-up also available. Orders are accepted via the Giapo app, which you can download here.
- Grownup Donuts— These market faves are sure to put a smile on your dial with their signature doughy treats. They offer an ever-changing array of flavours, all equally delicious—think vanilla cream with butterscotch, raspberry cheesecake, and Belgian chocolate with Baileys. Hell, yes. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- Kookie Haus— Makers of mouthwatering cookies—er, kookies—with a range of vegan, gluten-free, keto and diabetic-friendly options available. Don't go past their Kookie Dough Sandwiches—these are, after all, the item that put these guys on the map. They've also just announced that they'll be dropping a Caramilk-inspired 'mallow puff', made from their very own caramelised white choccy (we promise to keep you up-to-date with any developments). Click here for more info.
- Little & Friday— One of the spots responsible for the resurgence in good old-fashioned baking, you can't go wrong with one of their epic single-serve cakes, doughnuts or brioche. Pick-up also available from their Belmont store. Click here for more info.
- Little Bird Kitchen— Get your sweet fix minus the guilt with Little Bird, who will be delivering all sorts of wholesome goodies in their very own electric car. Choose from raw cheesecakes, slices, tarts or doughnuts, as well as healthier versions of mainstream goodies like Bounty Bars and Ferrero Rocher. Also available for pick-up. Click here for more info or find Little Bird on @On The Go app or @regulrapp.
- Little French Pastry— We're saying oui, merci to their pretty little tarts, macarons and pastries. For the ultimate French feels, grab yourself one of their mixed boxes. Also available for pick-up from their Pt. Chev store. Click here for more info.
- Magnolia Kitchen— Got a hankering for spiced rum fudge, Pineapple Lump marshmallows, or a jar of gooey salted caramel? Heck, how about all three? Then this is the place. And don't worry, we'll be sure to let you know if there's any news regarding delivery of their hugey popular cakes, doughnuts, and macarons. Click here for more info.
- Miann— What would a story on treats be without mentioning these guys? Get your hands on a selection of their most tasty creations, including—for the first time ever—tubs of their famously delish gelato, and even a hot cross bun or two (yes, they're kindly extending the Easter festivities for a month once Alert Level 3 kicks in). Pick-up also available from their Fort Street and Morningside stores. Find Miann on TOCK or @regulrapp; or purchase selected items from their online chocolate shop.
- Moustache Milk & Cookie Bar— Indulge your inner Cookie Monster with some of the most scrumptious bickies you'll ever eat. For the ultimate nom noms, get your hands on one of their jaw-drooping party cookie pies—the largest size is made from 11 (yes, 11) cookies, including Snickers Bar, Cinnamon Donut and Nutella flavours. Pick-up also available from their Manukau store. Click here for more info.
- Petal Cupcakes— Cupcakes that get the cake-to-buttercream ratio spot-on, and with a range of flavours to boot (we're sticklers for the salted caramel). Pick-up also available from their Newmarket store. Click here for more info.
- The Pie Piper/Doornuts— Load up on classic American treats, including dessert pies in flavours like cherry, bourbon pecan and apple, as well as some of the best doughnuts in the city. Click here for more info.
- Scandibunz— For drool-worthy buns and plaited bread made in the traditional Swedish way. From classic cinnamon to decadent coffee caramel, Scandibunz have your sweet tooth sorted. Click here for more info.
Fancy take away this weekend? Look no further than this mammoth list for a slice of inspiration.
Image credit: Doughnut Haus