News of Coronavirus getting you down? You ain't the only one. However we're determined not to let the craziness take control, and we know just the thing to help—treats.
Obviously we can't ignore the fact that many restaurants, bakeries and cafés are temporarily changing the way they do business; plus the fact that a lot of you may be working from home, in self-isolation, or simply wanting to avoid going out at all.
The good news is, there's light at the end of the tunnel, and it's called home delivery. Many of our fave treat-worthy spots already offer this amazing service, with more no doubt to follow; so for those of you who love the sweet stuff just as much as we do, get online and get ordering from the list below—your sugar-rush will be arriving shortly!
- Moustache Milk & Cookie Bar— for all the cookies (and all the cookie pies). These guys are leading the home delivery pack ATM because they know that during these trying times, we could do with a sugary treat or two. Delivering nation wide. Big love.
- The Pie Piper/Doornuts— grab yourself some of their authentic American treats, including dessert pies in flavours like banoffee, s'mores and apple, as well as some of the best doughnuts in the city.
- Kookie Haus— makers of mouthwatering cookies—er, kookies—with a range of vegan, gluten-free, keto and diabetic-friendly options available (there is a God). Don't go past their Kookie Dough Sandwiches—these are, after all, the treat that put these guys on the map.
- The Caker— it's always a good time for cake, especially one that's been made by Jordan Rondel and her team of talented bakers at The Caker. We highly recommend their Espresso Chocolate Cake—by far the prettiest parcel you'll ever get delivered to your door.
- Little & Friday— one of the spots responsible for the resurgence in good old-fashioned baking, you can't go wrong with one of their droolworthy single-serve cakes, doughnuts, and other treats (which, BTW, come in one size and one size only: ginormous).
- Petal Cupcakes— cupcakes that get the cake-to-buttercream ratio bang-on, and with a range of flavours to boot (we're sticklers for the salted caramel). Plus, the packaging itself is some of the sweetest around.
- Bluebells Cakery— for some of the prettiest goodies you'll ever see, including cheesecakes, tarts, and an amazing range of cakes and cupcakes. If you're looking for less of a commitment (who even are you?), they also have macarons, bickies and other treats up for grabs.
- Bondie Designer Cupcakes— for cupcakes with the x-factor, look no further. Unfortunately (fortunately?) you can only order them by the box, but we say go one further and grab one of their Loaded Boxes, packed with enough sweet treats to see you through the Apocalypse.
- Scandibunz— feast your eyes on the delicious buns you can have deliverered straight to your door. From the traditional cinnamon bun to the decadent triple chocolate, these guys deliver on Wednesdays and Fridays to most of Auckland. Win.
- Amy's Secret Kitchen— beautifully baked cupcakes, macarons, biscuits, and larger-size cakes. Plump for the Popcorn Heaven Cake—it's everything its name promises.
- Grownup Donuts— these market faves are sure to put a smile on your dial with their signature doughy treats. They offer an ever-changing array of flavours, all equally delicious—think raspberry cheesecake, Belgian chocolate and orange, and passionfruit curd and toasted marshmallow. Hell, yes.
- Foundry Chocolate— award-winning small-batch choccy? Say no more. This handcrafted goodness is made from just two ingredients (organic sugar and cacao beans sourced from the likes of Peru, Vanuatu and Papua New Guinea) for peak deliciousness.
- Miann— what would a story on treats be without mentioning these guys? Get your hands on a block of their epic artisanal chocolate, and soon, a selection of their amazing cabinet treats as well as their famous gelato, as they partner with Ima Cuisine for some yummy meal deals. Keep an eye on their FB page for updates.
Looking for tips on how to ace your new WFH gig? Here's How To Work From Home Like A Total Pro From Someone Who Does It All Year Long.
Image credit: Bluebells Cakery