Level 3, here we go (again)... but at least we can still get our sugar fix, right?
From OTT cookie pies through to some of the tastiest ice cream in town, here are the Auckland businesses spreading a bit of cheer—and a whole lotta sugar—throughout Alert Level 3, with home delivery direct to your bubble (and ours).
- Amy's Secret Kitchen | Choose from beautifully baked and delicately decorated cupcakes, macarons, biscuits and larger-size cakes (the popcorn-flavoured one is a total dream). Click here for more info.
- Bluebells Cakery | For some of the prettiest eats around, including cheesecakes, tarts, and an amazing range of cakes and cupcakes (including the utterly mind-blowing Whittaker's Hundreds and Thousand creations above). They even have a takeaway high tea up for grabs, should you feel like treating yourself (and your housemates) to something extra spesh. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- The Caker | It's always a good time for cake, especially one that's been made by Jordan Rondel and her team of talented bakers at The Caker. They've even created a special 'bubble-sized' version, designed to feed 4-6 people and available in flavours like lemon raspberry, matcha cherry and black forest. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- Daldang | The mac daddy of macarons. These guys specialise in an OTT version known as 'fatcarons', which are pumped full of novelty-flavoured buttercream. Unfortunately these are available for pick-up only from their Newmarket store, but they're so damn good we simply had to include them. Click here for more info.
- Doughnut Haus | These sourdough treats are just as delish as their cookie counterparts (Doughnut Haus' sister company is Kookie Haus, also listed here). Choose from a slew of gourmet flavours, including ferrero rocher, blueberry cheesecake, and sherbet fizz. Click here for more info.
- Giapo | Ice cream lovers, brace yourselves—because culinary masterminds, Giapo are also offering home delivery of their most sought-after flavours. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- Grownup Donuts | These market faves are sure to put a smile on your dial with their signature doughy treats. They offer an ever-changing array of flavours, all equally delicious—think vanilla cream with butterscotch, raspberry cheesecake, and Belgian chocolate with Baileys. Hell, yes. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- Kookie Haus | Makers of mouthwatering cookies—er, kookies—with a range of vegan, gluten-free, keto and diabetic-friendly options available. Don't go past their kookie dough sandwiches—these are, after all, the item that put these guys on the map. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- Little Bird Kitchen | Get your sweet fix minus the guilt with Little Bird, who can deliver all sorts of wholesome goodies including raw cheesecakes, slices, tarts or doughnuts, as well as healthier versions of mainstream treats like Bounty Bars and Ferrero Rocher. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- Little French Pastry | We're saying oui, merci to their pretty little tarts, macarons and pastries. For the ultimate French feels, grab yourself one of their mixed boxes. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- Magnolia Kitchen | Got a hankering for spiced rum fudge, pineapple lump marshmallows, or a jar of gooey salted caramel? Heck, how about all three? Then this, our friends, is the place. Click here for more info.
- Miann Chocolate Factory | What would a story on treats be without mentioning these guys? While their day-to-day menu is available for pick-up/click and collect only, we can tell you that they are offering 30% off chocolate bars, dragees and hot chocolate powder for Level 3 online orders only. Click here for more info.
- Moustache Milk & Cookie Bar | Indulge your inner Cookie Monster with some of the most scrumptious bickies you'll ever eat. For the ultimate nom noms, get your hands on one of their jaw-dropping party cookie pies—the largest size is made from 11 (yes, 11) cookies, including snickers bar, cinnamon donut and nutella flavours. Click here for more info.
- Petal Cupcakes | Cupcakes that get the cake-to-buttercream ratio spot-on, and with a range of flavours to boot (we're sticklers for the salted caramel). Click here for more info.
- The Pie Piper/Doornuts | Load up on classic American treats, including dessert pies in flavours like cherry, bourbon pecan and apple, as well as some of the best doughnuts in the city. Pick-up also available. Click here for more info.
- Scandibunz | For drool-worthy buns and plaited bread made in the traditional Swedish way. From classic cinnamon to decadent coffee caramel, Scandibunz have your sweet tooth sorted. Click here for more info.
- The Vegan Treatory | Creating some of the tastiest cookies around, period (think wonderfully soft, stuffed full of chocolate, and almost the size of your face). Click here for more info.
While you're about it, why not get something else cool delivered that's not groceries.
Image credit: Bluebells Cakery