That crisp blue note or handful of gold coins will never feel so good after reading this list of the best bang-for-your-buck eats our golden coast is dishing out.
Let us present to you… 20 of the best cheap eats on the Gold Coast for 10 bucks or less.
1. Recovered your shorts from the floordrobe and found a forgotten tenner in the pocket? Head straight to Surfers Sandbar from 5pm on weekends, where it’ll buy you a serving of wings and a beer, with a side of beach views and live sports.
2. So popular have these guys become, it’s little wonder they’ve found a home among the best cheap eats on the Gold Coast. Grab any Weiner Haus gourmet dog for just 10 bucks. #nodickjokesplease
3. Bringing their drool-worthy milk buns to Surfers Paradise, Betty’s Burgers spruiks the Betty’s Classic burger, the Bare Betty burger and our fave, the Crispy Chicken burger all for $10 each.
4. Lester and Earl’s super-sized “hoppy hour” rocks on between 4—6pm Tuesday through FriYAY, where each serving of tacos, wings, nachos, craft beer, and wine sells for just $6 each. Winning!
5. What’s better than oysters? Um… what about oysters for $1 a piece?? Yes, you read that correctly. Get down to Palm Beach’s Burgster for $1 oyster happy hour—every Friday between 3—6pm. But you’ll wanna chase it with one of their epically fab burgers. Just sayin’.
6. While your jaw is already on the floor about the $1 oysters… how about $1 pizza slices? Social hour kicks off 4—6pm weeknights at Nobbys Arc, where you can pair your afternoon frosty pint with cheap-as-chips pizza. Bargain.
7. Not to be outdone, Mermaid Beach’s newest watering hole, Après Surf is helping you out on Thursdays from 4pm with $1 dumplings!
8. Continue your crawl of the best cheap eats on the Gold Coast by popping next door to Bine Beer Bar where everyday between 4—6pm, a tiny $10 will get you a craft beer and bucket of finger-licking-good wings.
9. If you’re yet to discover the pizza-making masters at Salt Meats Cheese in The 4217, make it your mission to devour a $10 wood-fired pizza Friday lunch special. Or add a beer or wine for an extra fiver.
10. If you’re tight on cash, Taco Tuesdays at Stingray Lounge is your night, where a moreish selection of tacos can be devoured for just $3 a piece.
11. Good vibes are guaranteed at Kirra’s Tupe Aloha. With crazy good specials all week long such as $1 wings on Monday nights, 3 tacos for $10 on Tuesday nights, 2-4-1 burritos on Wednesdays, plus $3 tacos paired with $5 basics and wines everyday between 3—5pm. Hola!
12. Wallet-friendly PoBoy Cajun and Creole in Coolangatta maxes out over breakfast with everything on the menu priced under 10 bucks.
13. Many try to imitate, but Greek Street Grill is where you’ll find some of the most authentically made gyros outside of Athens; true story! Pick up any gyros or kalamaki pita wraps (pork, chicken, haloumi, falafel) for just $8.50—$9.50.
14. Bringing all kinds of cool to Nobby Beach, The Cambus Wallace will help you push through the working week with Tiki Tuesdays dishing up $5 sliders with fries, and some sweet-arse rum drinks specials and DJ choons.
15. Our fave GC surf club, Rainbow Bay SLSC is looking after the budget-conscious throughout the week with solid $10 lunches Monday—Friday and $10 dinners Monday—Thursday. Some of the best cheap eats on the Gold Coast with a free view of the manic wave-slashing action that is Snapper Rocks? Don’t mind if we do!
16. One 50 Public House at Bundall does cheap eats right. Our pick of the weekly offerings? $10 Cuban and Rueben deli-style sandwiches are on the menu Monday and Tuesdays.
17. Nobby Beach institution, Mt. Lebanon Deli’s award-winning falafel wrap is now made with toasted chia, and is totally vegan-friendly for a tiny $7.50.
18. Thursdays at Vintage Velvet won’t break the budget, with all menu items including steaks, burgers, wings, and pizzas priced at a low get-in-ma-belly $10 each.
19. Scrounge under the couch for some loose coin and head to Burleigh’s Wahoo’s Fish Tacos, where you can stuff your face silly with three monster tacos for an easy tenner. Try ‘em all or just order a round of their best seller—the real Baja fish taco.
20. Escape the Cavill Avenue madness by nabbing a seat upstairs at Vapiano, where mid-week pizza and pasta $10 lunch specials won’t break the bank.
Did we miss your faves among the best cheap eats on the Gold Coast? Let us know!
Photo Credit: The Urban List