2016 goals to eat out more often, but your sorry-ass bank balance simply isn’t playing ball? Being thrifty doesn’t have to mean limiting yourself to re-heating left overs or eating another packet soup.
To uphold your dignity, we’re here to help with some of the best dining out deals the Coast has to offer, restaurant-quality cheap eats that still involve table service, utilising a knife and fork, and the option to order a cocktail if you are feeling exceptionally extravagant.
So throw on that cute new outfit you picked up at the market and head out with our pick of the best dining out deals on the Gold Coast.
1. Bread and Butter, Kirra—get a slice of the action with a moreish deal on Wednesday nights, when all pizzas on the menu sell for a sizzling $15.
2. Sparrow Eating House, Nobby Beach—offering one of the best meal deals around, on Wednesdays $50 will get you four share plates between two people, including their impeccable tempura zucchini flowers.
3. Mandala Organic Arts Café, Mermaid Beach—vegetarians and their open-minded friends feast at “Cheeky Tuesdays” where all-you-can-eat pizza is just 20 bucks.
4. Tupe Aloha, Kirra—one of our faves will sort you out with 2-4-1 burritos on Wednesdays, otherwise every day between 3—5pm get $3 tacos, $5 drink specials, and $10 cocktails. The tiki good vibes come for free.
5. Rainbow Bay Surf Club, Coolangatta—quite possibly the coolest old school watering hole on the Coast, re-kindle your love affair with $10 mid-week lunch and dinner blackboard specials.
7. Burgster, Palm Beach—your burger and seafood dreams come crashing together every Friday between 4—6pm when local oysters topped with chardonnay vinegar and shallots sell for 2 bucks a piece. Nom nom.
8. House of Brews, Surfers Paradise—from 5pm on Mondays it’s $1 buffalo wing night. Original, spicy or American? The choice is yours! Served with blue cheese sauce for dipping, nothing marries better with wings than craft beer on tap (you’ve got 32 taps to choose from).
9. Vintage Velvet, Broadbeach—Thursdays rock bringing us one step closer to the weekend, plus a wee $10 will get you a feed of steaks, pizzas, burgers, or wings. Pull up a deck chair in this retro old gem’s sunny courtyard.
10. Tribeca NYC, Chevron Island—a deal so popular it’s booked out weeks in advance, Wednesday is BBQ pork ribs night, where a full rack of ribs on a bed of crunchy fries and house-made slaw will set you back only $22.
11. Mamasan Kitchen and Bar, Broadbeach—if you find yourself in Broadbeach on a Friday arvo, get your gorgeous tooshie to Mamasan where you’ll be treated to an oh-so-fresh sashimi platter and bottle of Chandon Brut Rose for a respectable $50.
12. MexiCali, Nobby Beach—another crowd pleaser, get a Mexican feast on “Taco Tuesdays” with tasty tacos selling for just $5 each, all night long. Hola Amigos!
13. Bine Beer Bar, Nobby Beach—these guys are king of the top-value meal deal. Whether it be $10 craft beer and bucket of wings (everyday, 4—6pm), $20 Reef and Beef (Wednesdays), or $15 Parmigiana and craft beer tasting paddle (Thursdays).
14. Not Tonight, Southport—finish the weekend off right with Sunday Feasts at Not Tonight. You’ll want to be hungry with $25 for a half rack of ribs, crispy wings and all the sides (make it the whole hog with a full rack for $35).
15. Little Truffle, Mermaid Beach—celebrating a special occasion mid-week? Treat yo’ self with an elegant three-course dinner for $59, Monday to Thursday. Think: pork belly and scallop entrees, pan fried salmon and king prawn risotto mains, and berry soufflé for dessert.
16. Fisherman’s Wharf, Main Beach—if your budget is seriously maxed, you can always fall back on a Monday or Tuesday night cheap feed at Fishos. With any bar purchase, get a chicken schnitty, crumbed fish, or steak, served with chips or salad for a meagre $7.99. Did someone say, courtesy shuttle bus??
Photo Credit: Daniel Hine for Metropolist