We’re living in one of the world’s most expensive cities, so it’s hard to find things to do in Sydney for under $20. But don’t worry, we got you. From feasting to dessert (plus the wines in between), scenic walks and the best markets in town, these are our top picks for spending your hard earned cash (but not all of it) this weekend.
3. Do one of these coastal walks—it’s free!
4. Hire a cruiser bike for an hour from Manly Bike Tours.
5. Feel the rhythm at a drop in dance class at Cross Over Dance Studio.
6. Get stuck into $10 cocktails every weeknight at Bar Chinois.
7. Sing it out with karaoke happy hour at Lantern By Wagaya. You could be “singing” for three hours for only $15 per person.
8. Take a dip at Prince Alfred Park pool.
9. Go back in time at Rose Seidler House. It’s only $8 entry.
10. Get zen during your lunch break at Modo Yoga. Drop in classes will cost you $17.
11. Wander around The Grounds Markets over the weekend.
12. Head to Brewtown Newtown and get yourself a Brewnut. That’s an activity, right?
13. Try your luck picking up a vintage bargain at Glebe Markets.
14. Head to The Newport for a rotisserie chicken roll and a beer (coming in just shy of $20 depending on your choice of beer!).
15. Take a picnic up to North Head and watch the sunset over the ocean and city.
16. Stroll along the boardwalk from Freshwater to Curl Curl and grab a coffee at either end.
17. Hire a paddle board at Rose Bay for an hour of power.
18. Eat half price tacos at Havana Beach on a Tuesday.
19. Wander through the MCA for free!
20. Book a tour and tasting at Archie Rose Distillery.
21. Grab a Bikini Bowl from THR1VE, because health.
22. Hang out in one of Sydney’s best dog parks. Petting other people’s puppies is free!
23. Drink your Nutella latte through a cookie shot glass at One Tea Lounge and Grill.
24. Get some culture into you at the Art Gallery of NSW.
25. Grab a $15 lunch special from Public House Petersham.
26. Eat all the pies you can for $20 at Bourke Street Bakery, bring a friend and you can technically eat $40 worth of pies.
28. Jump up, Jump up and get down for one hour at SkyZone trampoline park.
29. Visit White Rabbit Gallery in Surry Hills.
30. Control yourself and hit up one of Sydney’s best sushi trains, some of the coloured plates will be off limits, unless you bring a friend and combine your limited funds.
31. Or go for an alternate route and visit Meditrainean instead.
32. Steal your neighbour’s Netflix password and binge watch all the TV series. May we suggest one of these?
33. Treat yo’self to a $15 bottle of wine that doesn’t suck.
34. Feast on a weekday locals lunch from Fratelli Fresh.
35. Perch yourself at The Royal Darlinghurst with a dip board and a wine and listen to live music on Friday nights.
36. Or cosy up at your local this Sunday with a pint and a roast lunch.
37. Run, don’t walk, to devour the world’s largest deep fried Nutella ball ice cream.
38. Eat $18 worth of $3 tacos for Taco Tuesday at Contrabando and have a gold coin left to spare.
40. Hit up a donation Yoga class at COMMUNE.Yoga and support a good cause and up your good ju-ju.
41. Quaff mulled wine like it’s going out of style (or until your $20 runs out).
42. Head into the great outdoors with bae.
43. Sign up for a free trial at your local gym to try out their classes.
44. Grab yourself a big beefy burger and salted caramel shake from BondiTony’s.
45. In the banh mi world, you’re rolling in it – order three. Here are Sydney’s best.
46. Order the margarita pizza from Pocket Pizza in Manly. We’ll be honest, it’s the only one you can afford, but trust us. Just trust us.
47. Tick one of these fried chicken burgers off your list.
48. Take a stroll through the waterside park at Barangaroo.
49. Head to Two Chaps for some of the best coffee and dessert in Sydney on Thursdays and Fridays.
50. Did someone say $1 dumplings? Find these and more things to do in Sydney for $1 right here.
Looking for more things to do in Sydney? Head here.
Image credit: Federica Portentoso at Coogee Beach