Cheese. It holds a special place in our hearts. One of its superpowers? The ability to turn any dish into a next-level, delicious work of art.
So, if you’ve been looking to turn your boring salads into something more daring and something worthy of not only being a side dish but the main event, then we’ve got the recipes for you.
Prepare to salivate because each of these dishes are loaded with unholy amounts of Riverina Dairy’s award-winning cheese that is 100% Australian owned and made, available at your local Coles supermarket.
Whether you’re a lover of salads or not, we’ve got just the dishes to turn you into a mega fan.
Haloumi And Roasted Veggies With Tahini Dressing
- Riverina Dairy Plain Haloumi
- 350g or 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Flaked sea salt
- For the garlicky lemon tahini sauce
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 lemon juice of
- 4-5 tbsp cold water
- Salt to taste
- Parsley chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Toss the carrots, potato and beetroot with olive oil and sprinkle with flaked sea salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of carrots.
- In a jam jar mix tahini paste, olive oil, garlic, tsp of sumac, salt and lemon juice, put the lid on and shake hard until well combined. Add water 2-3 tbsp of water and mix, add the rest to desired consistency.
- Cut the haloumi into small cubes, and pan-fry.
- Drizzle the sauce over hot roasted vegetables and haloumi and sprinkle with 1 tsp of sumac and fresh parsley.
Grilled Zucchini With Double Cream Fetta Cheese And Lemon
- 600g about 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large handful of mixed herbs, I used basil, dill, mint and parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50g Riverina Dairy Double Cream Fetta, crumbled
- Brush the zucchini with a little olive oil and grill on a medium-high heat grill until you have some nice char marks.
- Mix the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and herbs in a small bowl.
- Save a little of the fresh herbs for garnish. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mix the grilled zucchini with the dressing and place on a serving platter. Top with crumbled Riverina Dairy Double Cream Fetta and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Broccoli Salad With Basil Infused Fetta, Almonds And Currants
- 1 or 2 medium broccoli
- 2 handfuls of green beans, ends cut off
- 3 tbs dried currants or cranberries
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 clove garlic crushed or grated
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds (lightly toasted in a frying pan for 2-3 mins)
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 180g pack of Riverina Dairy Basil Pesto Infused Fetta, crumbled
- Put the currants in a small bowl, add enough hot water to cover, let sit until softened (about 10 min).
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Tear off broccoli leaves and trim the bottoms of the stems. Cut into small florets, cut tender parts of stalks into smaller pieces. Add both parts to boiling water until they’re tender (about 3 min). Drain and spread it on a baking sheet to cool.
- Blanch green beans.
- Mix garlic, vinegar and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain the currants.
- Whisk the oil into the vinegar mixture.
- Just before serving, combine the broccoli, currants, Riverina Dairy Basil Pesto Infused Fetta and half of the almonds in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss gently to combine.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the remaining almonds and coriander.
Image credit: Bailey Dalton
Editor’s note: This article is sponsored by Riverina Dairy and proudly endorsed by Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.