Let's face it, there's nothing better than discovering (and tasting) everything that's new in the world of food so we've done the hard yards for you. Sink your teeth into these tasty tidbits from around the country. You're welcome.
- We have two new food joints for you to try out this week: Red Snapper, Pt Chev's latest and greatest fish and chip shop, and Candela, the new kid on the K' Rd block serving up beautiful Spanish-style booze and bites.
- Your grocery shop this week should include at least one each of the following: a block of Whittaker's Hundreds & Thousands chocolate (back after seven years, baby), and a bottle of Lewis Road Creamery's absolutely bangin' banoffee-flavoured milk.
- Hash 'n' Smash, Wise Boys Burgers and Manila Eats are amongst those descending on Milford Reserve this Thursday for an event dedicated entirely to burgers. Grownup Donuts, Double Dutch Fries and Lalele Organic Gelato will also be there, along with a pop-up bar serving cold ones from Behemoth Brewery.
- Huge pat on the back to Dole, who through re-packaging their Bobby Bananas with a new, smaller tape will reduce a whopping 16 tonnes of plastic from going to landfill every year. Better yet, the tape itself can be recycled via the Soft Plastics Recycling Scheme.
- Below Deck fans will want to get on board with the latest cocktail menu at Soul Bar, which includes four fab drinks inspired by the hit Bravo show including Man Overboard, Anchors Away, My Seanna and Spritz 3. Available until March 15.
- Sip your way through Nespresso's World Explorations collection, an update of their classic Lungo range which will take you on a journey through the world's best coffee cultures and features two new brews: Shanghai and Buenos Aires.
- Greenhithe Street Food Night is where it's at this Friday. The Collins Cafe and Bar is playing host, with eats from The Rolling Pin, Mamas Donuts and Stumpy's Woodfired Pizza up for grabs alongside bevvies from the Collins bar.
- Have you tried Macca's new America's Cup burgers yet? The first time the fast-food giant has aligned with a sporting event in NZ, these bad boys come in three mouthwatering flavours: Sailor’s Double Beef, Skipper’s Spicy Chicken and Foiling Crispy Fish.
- QT Wellington’s Hippopotamus Restaurant & Cocktail Bar has re-opened, and it's bringing with it rotating high tea themes (starting with chocolate), table-side trolley service and more.
- Up your instant coffee game with Hummingbird. Made from hand roasted 100% Fairtrade organic coffee beans, their new 100% OOMPH! Specialty Instant creation comes in single-serve sachets that when mixed with hot water, taste just like a freshly made plunger coffee.
- The big winners at this year's Dairy Free Awards were (drumroll please): Duck Island (for ice cream), Angel Foods (cheese), Otis (oat milk), Raglan Yoghurt (yoghurt), Whittaker's (chocolate), and Vutter (butter). Find the full results here.
- This could be the best news we've heard all year: Menulog is rolling out a full food delivery service across NZ, complete with free delivery for THREE months. Central Auckland is already good to go, with wider Auckland and 23 other cities and towns, including Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch soon to follow.
- How's this for Kiwi as? Best Foods has rebranded the country's most famous fish and chippery the Mangonui 'Fush' Shop, to encourage people to dive into more fresh, local seafood this summer.
Food obsessed like us? Get all the latest new openings and treats to try right here.
Image credit: Hash N Smash, Hippopotamus