Beer aficionados, listen up. While we’re sure you’ve already heard the good news that Froth Town—formerly known as Perth Craft Beer Festival—is making its return to Claremont Showground from April 16 to 18 (and you’re probably counting down the days, not long to go now), we’ve got all the need-to-know deets on this brilliant three-day brew fest to get you even more excited.
If you were among the thousands of punters that sipped your way through last year’s festival, you’ll be familiar with the diverse selection of frothies from over 65 breweries, next-level eats, carnival games and hilarious entertainment such as sumo wrestling, giant beer pong and even a dad bod wet t-shirt competition. But in the wise words of the legendary Bar Pop crew, that’s only the tip of the pint glass—you best believe they’ll be upping the ante even more this time around.
They've just dropped the long list of the exclusve brews you'll be able to knock back at this year's fest. There's too many to name them all, but here's a few we've got our eyes on:
- Choc Mint Ice Cream Porter by Black Brewing Co (5.00% ABV)—Black Brewing Co have teamed up with Kuld Creamery for this creamy dark beer which offers choc mint magic in every scoop.
- Splice Up Your Life by Nowhereman Brewing Company (4.4% ABV)—your fave summer frosty treat in beer form, featuring the refreshing zesty notes of pineapple, lime, and creamy vanilla.
- Super Cyser by Erosion Meadery (9.5O% ABV)—yes you read right, this bad boy comes in a whopping 9.5% so be careful. It's well-balanced blend of raw WA honey and local apple juice makes it all too easy to knock back.
- Campus Cooler by Campus Brewing (4.50% ABV)—okay here us out, this is a beer, but in a delightfully light lime seltzer form. Super refreshing and easy drinking. A great inbetweener after too many heavy hitters.
- Gozando Raspberry Jalapeno Saison by Froth Craft Brewery (5.80% ABV)—turns out "Gozando" is Spanish for frothing so seems fitting to try it at Froth Town. Expect a well balanced, ruby red, dry-hopped and spritzy farmhouse ale with a subtle jalapeño fire a tart raspberry finish.
- Blood Orange & Grapefruit Spritz Cider by Funk Cider (8.00% ABV)—yes, cider fans we haven't forgotten about you. This zesty blood orange and grapfruit number is super light and crushable down to the very last drop. It's also 8% so watch yourself.
- Pop Rock Chu Hai by Rocky Ridge (9.00% ABV)—if you were lucky enough to make tracks to BarPop's epic ski party in Hakuba before the world went into lockdown, this Grape Chuhai, or Seltzer, will bring back all the vibes.
- Surrender to the void Affogato Gelato (Maple Pecan Affogato Gelato Stout) by Garage Project (11.50% ABV)—we're rounding out our picks with this absolute monster of a pitch black stout featuring vanilla affogato gelato with extra maple coated pecans on top.
If that's not enough to get you geared up, Froth Town has gone all out and built a massive Oktoberfest-themed Bier Haus—because there’s really no better way to celebrate beer. That means there’s now two massive halls dedicated to raising a glass of the good stuff!
Speaking of raising a glass, that’s exactly what you’ll need to do at the brand new ‘Hold My Beer’ obstacle course. It’s a ninja warrior-style course that will challenge your coordination skills as you run around while, well, holding a beer and trying not to spill it. Good luck with that.
In addition to all of the insane activities and bevvies from over 100 breweries, cideries, wineries and distilleries on offer at Froth Town, of course there’ll also be plenty of food. With everything from plant-based Mexican and mouth-watering American BBQ to delish doughnuts, dim sim and everything in between, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
All that’s left for you to do is decide which of the four epic sessions you’ll be hitting up—or why not make a whole weekend out of it?
What: Froth Town
Where: Claremont Showground
When: Friday 16 April to Sunday 18 April
Check more epic things to do in Perth.
Image credit: Froth Town (Supplied)