If you missed the Northbridge Urban Wine Walks earlier this month or the events in Fremantle back in August, now is the time to redeem yourself. Neighbourhood Events Co is back at it after five sell-out events since lockdown lifted, and this time their Urban Wine Walk is taking over Subiaco’s best bars and turning them into urban cellar doors so you can discover 12 West Aussie winemakers.
If you’re one of Neighbourhood Events Co’s loyal followers, you already know that they collaborate with the best of the best, so expect to be working your way through bars and restaurants such as Juanita’s, Lulu La Delizia, Dilly Dally and Meeka while you sip away on wines from Millbrook Winery, Vino Volta, Flametree, Domaine Naturliste and so many more.
If you haven’t been on one of the Urban Wine Walks before, let us break it down for you. Each of the twelve Subiaco venues will play host to a different winemaker, allowing you to get out and explore some of Subi’s best bars and WA’s best winemakers at the same time.
From midday until 4pm on Saturday 5 December, you set your own pace as you work your way from one pop-up cellar door to the next. Each winemaker will have a few of their favourite wines available for tasting, so you can make it your goal to hit all 12 venues, or you can pick out a few that sound right up your alley and take a more relaxing pace.
Wondering what’s on offer? Here’s the full line-up.
- Dilly Dally Ft. Castelli Estate (Great Southern, WA)
- Subiaco Hotel Ft. Walsh & Sons (Margaret River, WA)
- Juanita's Ft. Battles Wine (Various, WA)
- Lulu La Delizia Ft. Vino Volta (Swan Valley, WA)
- Bistro Felix Ft. Below & Above (Pemberton, WA)
- Fenway Subiaco Ft. Flametree Wines (Margaret River, WA)
- Bark Subiaco Ft. Millbrook Winery (Perth Hills, WA)
- Meeka Restaurant Ft. Mr Barval (Margaret River, WA)
- Refuge Bar Ft. Higher Plane (Margaret River, WA)
- The Village Bar Ft. Domaine Naturaliste (Margaret River, WA)
- Restaurant Caleb Ft. Garbin Estate (Swan Valley, WA)
- Storehouse Ft. Paul Nelson Wines (Great Southern, WA)
For just $75 you'll get more than 35 tastings across the 12 different venues, a $10 food voucher, a $25 wine voucher for any purchases you make on the day and a $25 gift voucher for Support Local Gift Co; a total bargain if you ask us. All you need to do is decide where you’re starting.
What: Urban Wine Walk Subiaco
When: Saturday 5 December, 12 to 4pm
Where: Subiaco’s best bars and restaurants
Get tickets here.
After that, check out all the Perth food news you probably missed this week.
Image credit: Urban Wine Walk
Editor's note: Urban List editors independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. Urban List has affiliate partnerships, so we may get revenue from your purchase.