You might not feel like it, but if you have $15 bucks you are rich with dinner options that aren't fast food. Brisbane has some impossibly fine feeds going for peanuts if you know where to look, and we've done just that to compile a handy go-to of the 15 best dishes in Brisbane that won't drain the coffers.
There's no need for desperate measures, here are Brisbane’s best eats for under $15:
- Combo meal of three dishes and rice at West-End favourite, Govinda’s $10
- The Olympus wrap from Wrapture, with lemon chicken, onion, tomato and lettuce with yoghurt on soft pita $10
- PJ’s Steaks American chilli hotdog $8.50
- Tuesday tacos from 6pm at Remy's $3 each
- A couple of soft rice paper rolls from Phat Pho $6.90
- Jessie’s Girl lasagne on Thursday nights for $15. Includes vegetarian and vegan options.
- A freshly made deli sanga from Brisbane City's resident fromageries, the Cheese Pleaser $9.50
- Quan Thanh's beef pho, $13.90 a bowl
The lunch specials at Bird’s Nest Yakitori are filling, delicious, and just $12 with unlimited rice and miso soup.
- Bloodhound Corner Bar's Wednesday special: 1 kilo of wings $10
- New Shanghai Xiao Long Bao steamed pork dumplings $8.60
- Two cheeseburger spring rolls, complete with lettuce, pickle and kim chi mayo, from Heya Bar $11
- The classic pork banh mi from Banh Mi Now just $6
- Longtime's salt and pepper tofu mini-burger with chilli caramel (or the chicken with house smoked sriracha and crispy garlic) $5.50 each
- Halloumi yiros from The Yiros Shop with tomato, red onion, tzatziki and chips $11
Caught a windfall? Splash out on Brisbane's cheap eats under $20.
Image credit: Ariana Gillrie