Honestly, there’s nothing worse than when a weekend rocks around and you’ve got loads of free time but your bank balance doesn’t wanna play ball. Srlsy, it’s just plain rude!
So to stop you wallowing over all those zeros filling up the screen, we’re going to put you out of your misery with 20 seriously awesome and FREE things to do on the Sunshine Coast this weekend. How many can you squeeze in?
1. Dust off that tutu and grab the coloured hair spray because Eumundi Markets is hosting the Pride Paws Parade for your glamorous pooches this Saturday.
2. Spend your Sunday at Cooroy Originals this weekend! It’s only happening four times this year, folks, so now is the chance. The Counterfeit Umbrellas, Tailor Birds, Phenix amd Jamie-Lee Griffiths Music are all taking to the stage, so head here from 12pm for a seriously relaxed Sunday sesh. Expect: buskers, food vans —including one of our faves, Vanteen—and a whole lotta bohemian vibes.
3. No money for a gym membership? No wakkas! Create your own DIY Bootcamp on Mooloolaba beach at dawn and convince your morning go-getter friends to join. #embracetheday
4. Calling all Sunshine Coast green thumb enthusiasts (screams into megaphone). Gather your succulents and leafy greens, and exchange them for something different at this awesome Plant Swap event in Caloundra.
5. If you loathe pre-loved well, EVERYTHING, then check out these op shops this weekend. Remember it’s free to window-shop, but if you wanna take something home—it’s gonna cost you.
6. Ignore TLC and go chase those waterfalls because they’re bloody beautiful and full of serenity. Oh and since we’re talking about serenity, stay in theme and check out Buderim’s Serenity Falls.
7. The Mooloolaba Collective Markets are happening this Sunday, so even if you’re saving your pennies, it’s still worth a wander through for those warm community feels. Ya know what we mean?
8. Connect with your inner zen, grab a book (we’re loving these new summer reads) and find a shady spot, preferably under a tree and close to the beach, just in case you want to go for a quick dip.
9. Nothing beats packing the Esky full of cold ones and luring your mates to a friendly game of beach cricket. Don’t forget the sunscreen and… loser buys the next slab!
10. We don’t know if you’ve heard, but behind The Boat Shed in Cotton Tree is a little beach with no waves; perfect for those who hate being dumped or swallowed by currents.
11. Bird watch and chant “cooee” along a chunk of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk. Ahh! The serenity.
12. Watch the sunset from Point Cartwright. Need we say more?
13. Who doesn’t love a garden party? Do up a ridic cheese platter, then open your home to a rowdy bunch of alcoholics who you call your friends.
14. The Sunshine Coast Pride Festival has your entire weekend sorted from Friday to Saturday. Join in with the fun and activities and celebrate being awesome.
15. The beach. Seriously, we live on the Sunshine Coast. If you don’t love the beach … are you really living?
16. Grab a camera and take photos. Simple. You’d be surprised at how beautiful the coast is through a lens.
17. Create a bucket list for when you’re not poor! It builds saving momentum.
18. Sign up for a no-strings-attached trial at a gym. And then do the same next week at another gym. You’ll be fit and healthy before you know it.
19. Go exploring. Check out the prettiest walks on the Sunshine Coast. You’ll have buns of steel in no time.
20. Who doesn’t love chilling under the stars? Find a friend and a blanket and set up camp under the starry sky. Hey, you might even see a shooting star!
Image Credit: Amy Higg for Metropolist