It’s a known fact that everyone loves burgers. They are delicious, filling and can come in endless flavour combinations that always keep our taste buds on our toes.
Whether you’re doing the good deed in staying in on a Friday night or looking to spice up your weeknight dinners, this PERi-PERi burger with homemade pickles is sure to up the ante on your usual cooking regime.
Get ready, this super simple, yet delicious recipe will serve up a flavour explosion like no other.
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 punnet of qukes (baby cucumbers)
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 Fresh dill sprigs
- Maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- brioche bun
- 1/2 chicken breast (sliced lengthways)
- Slaw mix
- Nando’s PERinaise (choose your flavour)
- Nando’s PERi-PERi Sauce (choose your flavour)
- Burger Cheese
- In a separate jug, mix the water, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Slice your qukes on an angle and add them into your jar along with your garlic and fresh dill.
- Pour the brine over the qukes, ensuring they are completely covered.
- Place in the fridge to pickle for an hour.
- Cut your chicken breast in half (lengthways), season to your liking and cook on a griddle.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine your slaw mix in a bowl with a generous squeeze of Nando's PERinaise. Toss to combine.
- Slice your brioche bun in half and place in the toaster.
- Once the chicken has been flipped, add your burger cheese directly on top to ensure it melts over the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked you can assemble your burger along with your homemade pickles.
- Finish with a good slosh of Nando's PERi-PERi Sauce on the burger bun lid before placing on top.
To keep the cooking storm brewing, click here for more recipes.