If there is one thing we’re sure about, it’s that Perth people love coffee. Don’t believe us? Just ask a group of friends where the best coffee in Perth is and wait for the passionate debates to begin. And really, the same goes for breakfast in Perth, so it’s no wonder we have had a whopping number of cafes open in Perth in 2016 alone!
Here are Perth’s best new cafes of 2016—how many have you tried?
- Kafka Coffee Shop, Perth—A teeny tiny coffee shop, the cutest coffee cups ever and delish coffee to boot.
- Standby Espresso, Mt Lawley—From the guys behind Engine Room in North Perth, it’s no surprise the coffee here is epic.
- The Reveley, Elizabeth Quay—Cafe, bar and restaurant, the Reveley are doing everything and they’re doing it all verrrry well.
- Flourish Coffee & Juice, Floreat—Fresh juices, smoothie bowls, raw food as far as the eye can see and plenty of coffee.
- Saint Larry, Perth—The perfect stop in after a visit to the new City Library.
- Mrs S, Highgate—All your favourite dishes from their Maylands store plus a few newbies.
- Tiisch, Perth—One of the most beautiful cafes in Perth and the breakfast and coffee is just as good as it looks.
- Blacksmith, Highgate—Crazy good coffee and awesome bites on one of our favourite streets in Perth.
- Frisch And Barc, Como—Coffee from local roaster Top Shelf Coffee and the best looking food around, this place has nailed the cool cafe vibe.
- Blackbox Brewers, Subiaco—It’s all about minimalism and super good coffee.
- The Cat Cafe, Subiaco—Tokyo cat craziness right here in Perth.
- Supernatural, Mount Lawley—Fast, fresh and healthy food that tastes awesome.
- Park And Vine, City Beach—Sit back and relax with a coffee and a killer breakfast here.
- Koffie Winkel, Northbridge—Coffee with a side of live jazz every Sunday morning.
- Garden Cafe On Guildford, Maylands—Delish smashed pumpkin and bircher muesli plus juices and coffee to kick start your day.
- Third Wheel, South Fremantle—Awesome coffee, amazing cakes and gourmet sangas. What more could you want?
- Recess On Barrack, Perth—bagels, pastries and of course, coffee—served with a tiny ted. That’s what we’re talking about.
- Chinta, North Perth—Not really new, but they did move and they’ve changed up the menu. The coffee is as good ever so make sure you go and check out their new digs.
- Up Town, Cottesloe—The masterminds behind Velvet Espresso opened up shop in Cott and you should check it out stat!
- Nic & Kolo, Applecross—Tucked away in Applecross, these guys do coffee like no other.
- High Street Dispensary, Fremantle—These guys do mushroom lattes, yep you read that right.
- Academy, Claremont and Mount Hawthorn—Academy is taking over the Perth coffee world one suburb at a time.
- Ox And Rabbit, West Perth—Coffee topped with those most ridic brownie of all time. Go and eat this now!
- Kazoomies Feel Good Food, Fremantle—Shakshuka is the name of the game and it’s freakin’ amazing!
- Slate Cafe, Swan Valley—the brain child of six self-proclaimed coffee snobs, Slate is keeping the Swan Valley locals caffeinated every day.
Want something else to drink? Check out Perth's Best New Bars Of 2016.
Standby Espresso | Image credit: Nancy Hanna