We can't head out right now, but there is still plenty happening around Melbourne's food scene.
Here's what you need to know.
- Eleven Melbourne cafes have ditched normal takeaway cups in favour of new plastic-free takeaway single-use cups that will break down within 105 days. More to come on this one.
- Piccolina Gelateria will open two new venues in Melbourne's CBD on Degraves, and Hardware Lane over the coming months.
- With restrictions on hospitality venues lifting over the coming weeks, businesses are announcing their opening dates. Follow the live list here.
- Betty's Burgers just dropped their Crispy Chicken Caesar burger, a twist on the classic Caesar salad. It's $15 and available until 22 November. Find your nearest Betty's here.
- Outdoor dining will be here soon, here are the locations that have been identified as the initial outdoor dining precincts.
- Melbourne Viking hangout Mjolner is preparing take-home feasts this weekend paired with Moon Dog beers. Order here.
- Looking for a feed on Grand Final day? Here are the best feasts being prepared by Melbourne restaurants.
- Laneway cocktail bar Romeo Lane is now sending its cocktails all over Australia. Check out their website to order.
- Have you seen the amazing pastry that Sunda's Khanh Nguyen is doing? Read about it here.
- You can now get Pollywaffle-inspired gin. Notes of marshmallow, and chocolate, it'll take you right back to your childhood. Created in collaboration with a distiller from That Spirited Lot and Gin Birds. Get it here.
- Craft & Co just dropped a gingerbread gin, well and truly in time for Christmas. Read about it here.
- Melburnians will have to embrace outdoor dining as we are able to move back into the CBD. Hear from Melbourne restaurants on how they'll approach outdoor dining.
- Koko Black has just dropped their Australian Classic Collection which features their take on iconic Aussie biscuits and party treats. Read more here.
- Melbourne's sour beer festival, Blobfish, couldn't take place this year, but that hasn't stopped brewers getting into the spirit of things. Hop Nation has released a Blobfish magnum and a mixed pack from some of the festival's brewers. Read more here.
Keep an eye on all the restaurants reopening around Melbourne here.
Image credit: Annika Kafcaloudis