The food news has been coming in thick and fast since restrictions eased in Melbourne, to make sure that you're on top of all the tasty things happening we've wrapped up everything that you need to know:
- Chin Chin is bringing back their Make Me Feed Me pack for a second week to help you forget about lockdown for at least as long as it takes to eat your make-at-home meal. This time, the menu features the likes of Vietnamese slaw with smoked trout and burnt tamarind dressing, Wagyu brisket with sweet soy and chilli vinegar, and a roast eggplant with tomato and chilli jam relish. The best part? They're delivering to Melbourne, Geelong, Mornington Peninsula, Ballarat, Bendigo, as well as the outer east, north and west. Order up here by midday on Tuesday 27 July for delivery Friday 30 July for delivery Saturday 31 July.
- Gelato Messina has been keeping us placated through each lockdown with their stacked lineup of dessert goodies, this time around they’ve announced they’re busting out their Greatest Hits. A selection of 40-different gelato specials will be available from Friday 30 July until Sunday August 1st. You’ll be able to order pint-size tubs of the specials including the ‘Milomisu’ malted chocolate mascarpone, with Milo-soaked biscuits and Milo crumble, orders open on Monday 26 July, get the full scoop here.
- Cannoleria is delivering a Cafè e Cannoli Kits in collaboration with Roast Art @ Home. Including an espresso maker, a bag of freshly ground coffee and a DIY Cannoli kit, this package has everything you need to make the most of your lockdown. Order up.
- Mister Bianco’s Joe Vargetto and his sous chef, Fel Gayanilo, have prepared Meal Boxes for Two with Filipino and Spanish influences. From starters of Pandesal (traditional Filipino bread) and scallop, 'Kinilaw' ceviche topped with green chillies to mains of Cavatelli with Stracotto of Osso-Bucco and green olives, this restaurant-worthy meal is available for pick-up and delivery.
- BABYEGGS Cafe is partnering with the Regeneration Foundation to help rural communities flourish by donating 10% of July and August sales to the foundation. This foundation offers a creative arts program specifically tailored to prepare and help communities recover, so make every bite of Moorabbin-based brunch spot count.
- Northside's favourite fishmonger, The Fishmonger's Son, has teamed up with Maria's Pasta and hospo legend Matt Wilkinson for a fish pie packed with a considered mix of salmon, orange roughy, local scallop, potato, carrot, white wine and sherry. Wilkinson's known for many things, but those who've been to his pie shop, aptly titled The Pie Shop, will know this collab should be taken very seriously. Head on in to the Fishmonger's Son at 73 Nicholson Street on Wednesday 21 July to pick one up.
- CBD and Fitzroy sandwich institution, Nico's, is serving up one-day-only specials throughout lockdown. Highlights from the past week include a smoked trout bagel, a spicy chorizo ciabatta and a truffle and mushroom melt. Hit up their Instagram to scope out what they're cooking up.
- Black Star Pastry is popping up cult-status cafe Good Times Milk Bar to service the south-east with the most Instagrammed cakes in the world. Southsiders should pre-order here for pick up between Friday 23 July and Sunday 25 July.
- Fish and chip stalwart, Hunky Dory, is making hump days in lockdown—and beyond—that much sweeter by giving away their new hot jam doughnut desserts for free to the first 50 customers every Wednesday throughout July. Scope out their Instagram for more.
- A virtual bakery up in Sydney, known as Thicc Cookies, is delivering exactly that Australia-wide. Get yourself a 1kg New York-style gooey cookie in all its glory delivered to your door here.
Did you hear about the dedicated gnocchi store that's just opened in Middle Park? Find out everything you need to know here.
Image credit: Parker Blain