Whether your relationship has just passed through the honeymoon phase, you’re reaching the seven-year itch, or you are lone-soldiering and your idea of a date night is spent with Netflix and chilling with your cuddlebuddy pillow (must-have for singledom), then we are here to interfere.
Don’t let it get the better of you, if your relationship needs the spark to be relit, or if you want some fun ideas for a fun friend date-night, continue reading for 21 date night ideas to bring back the spark.
- Tear up the slopes at Snowplanet.
- Put the fear into your date with Rainbow’s End night rides.
- Have a picnic and watch the sunset on a West Coast beach.
- Pretend to be interested in golf with few hits at the driving range.
- Trust The Chef at Sidart, go on cheap Tuesday for an eight course meal for $80.
- Try salsa dancing on Friday nights at the Mexican Café.
- Delve into dumplings and be entertained by performances at Las Vegas club.
- Indulge in an extravagant night on Waiheke Island with aphrodisiac-infused oysters at the Oyster Inn.
- Challenge your brain power with the Great Escape.
- Check out a live band at an Irish Pub and get slammed with tequila shots.
- Be cute and visit some night markets.
- Test your cooking skills with Sachie’s Kitchen cooking classes.
- Book a romantic staycation with one of these Airbnb’s.
- Hit up a Karaoke Bar—whoever gets the lyrics wrong has to shout the next round of drinks.
- Eat fancy ice-cream at Milse.
- Spoil your loved one to a dinner at The Sugar Club up the Sky Tower.
- Have a few laughs at The Comedy Club for its Big Wednesday night, with 10+ comedians for just $15.
- Visit the Matakana Cinemas—each room has a different interior and show stopping chandeliers.
- Try out some of New Zealand’s finest craft beers at Hallertau Brewery in Riverhead.
- Take a trip north of Auckland to Leigh Sawmill Cafe.
- Visit the Refreshment Room in Titirangi and choose from their love our locals Thursdays, or BYO wine Wednesdays.
Still in the Tinder phase? Here are 15 Tips For Surving Your First Tinder Date.
Image credit: Along Came Polly