In case you didn’t notice, the ASB Classic kicked off 2017 with a bang as the world’s top tennis players touched down in Auckland for tennis, fashion and eats!
The ladies opened the tournament and came in firing hot, showing the men how it’s done. With the shock exit of top seed players Serena and Venus Williams, the ASB Classic hasn’t dampened its spirit—no way, José! We’ve been soaking in the summer sun and throwing back refreshing bevvies as we watched the action unfold live on court, or glued ourselve to the TV so we wouldn't miss a thing. The rest of the tournament is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat while having a blast at the same time.
Here’s what we reckon you should do at this year's ASB Classic:
1. Jump on a beanbag or chill out with a picnic blanket on The Serve as lush trees in the Auckland Domain surround you. Soakin’ up the sun while enjoying a cocktail (or two)—does it get much better?
2. In between matches you can take a fun food tour and try delicious treats from SKYCITY’s Masu, The Grill and The Sugar Club. Pssst, you definitely want to try the famous wagyu burger from The Grill, it’ll leave your taste buds in bliss.
3. Listen to some of NZ’s best acts: KINGS, Boh Runga, Nathan Haines, Laughton, Kora and the Peacekeepers. Some quality Kiwi beats.
4. Check out the Moet & Chandon Champagne Lounge and taste the bespoke menu for yourself. If you mix it up and go for a flute, you could be getting your hands on one of three bespoke Naveya & Sloane rings. Win-win, don’t ya think?
5. Lads, come looking a ‘lil dapper and get into the spirit of the sport. Working Style is on the hunt for ‘best dressed man’ during the week with heaps of vouchers up for grabs!
6. The Lighthouse Bar is on deck to make sure you stay refreshed throughout the day. Teaming up with Eurovintage and Better Drinks Company, there will be funky cocktails flowing all day. It would be rude to say no, right?
What: The Men's ASB Classics
Where: ASB Tennis Arena
When: Monday 9—Saturday 14 January
How: Get your tickets here