Forget sixteen Big McChickens, you can now develop Type 2 diabetes with just one burger—the Deep Fried Nutella Burger. Earlier this year, this particular burg took the internet by storm when it surfaced on social media and now it’s here to take your life by cardiac arrest.
Featuring no less sixteen different saturated fats and a solid death wish, here’s how to make the Deep Fried Nutella Burger at home.
- 1/4 cup of Nutella
- 1 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 plain sugared doughnuts, cut in half
- 1/2 kiwifruit, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/2 mango, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- A bottle of peanut oil
- Head onto www.comparethemarket.com.au and comparison shop for some last minute private health insurance #notanad. If you’re going to have a heart attack you may as well avoid the ambulance charge.
- Pop to the shops to pick up the ingredients, don’t fall victim to the marked down 20-packs of doughnuts near the entrance, you don’t want your heartburn to be any more premature than it’s already about to be.
- Head home and beat the Nutella and icing sugar together using an electric beater until the mixture’s smooth and thick and can hold it’s own (in a battle against your arteries).
- Line a cooking track with baking paper, pop a large cookie cutter on it and spoon the Nutella mixture into it. Smooth the top and pop it in the fridge for twenny mins.
- Time to make the batter, which is a simple pancake mixture. Sift the flour into a bowl, add the milk and egg and whisk it all together until smooth. Grab the chilled Nutella patty from the fridge and smother it in pancake mixture (you heard us).
- (There’ll be heaps of pancake mixture left so you may as well whip up some Nutella doughnuts because why not flog a dead
- Drop the battered Nutella patty into a deep pan filled with peanut oil and fry until crispy.
- Time to assemble the burg: start with one doughnut half, layer it with kiwifruit slices, strawberry slices, Nutella patty, mango slices and the last doughnut half.
- Text your mum a heartfelt goodbye message, cosy down into the fresh grave you just dug yourself in the driveway and enjoy your burg. Don’t forget to Instagram a pic with the hashtag #eatfastdieyoung.
After all that, if you can't be bothered making it you can get it from Nuts About Tella in Melbourne.
Image credit: Gabrielle Stjernqvist