Everyone’s favourite booze-filled journey, the classic pub crawl, has had a grape new transformation and with only 50 tickets left, you're going to want to jump on this quick smart. Urban Wine Walk is an epic, self-guided wine tasting experience, allowing participants to meander their way through Ponsonby's bustling bar and restaurant scene while sipping on a lip-smacking selection of NZ wines along the way.
This is no ordinary wine tasting event—Urban Wine Walk collaborates with local venues and winemakers to create the ultimate pop-up cellar door tasting experience, giving you a chance to get out and explore some of Ponsonby's most established restaurants and wineries.
From midday until 4pm on Saturday 7 November, you set your own pace as you work your way from one pop-up cellar door to the next. Each winemaker will have a few of their favourite wines available for tasting, so you can make it your goal to hit all 11 venues, or you can pick out a few that sound right up your alley and take a more relaxed pace.
Wondering what’s on offer? Here’s the full line-up.
- Little Easy Ft. Soho Wines (Various, NZ)
- Longroom Ft. Spy Valley Wines (Marlborough, NZ)
- Chapel Bar & Bistro Ft. Loveblock Wines (Marlborough, NZ)
- Bedford Soda & Liquor Ft. Te Whare Ra (Marlborough, NZ)
- Elmo's Ft. Rockburn Wines (Central Otago, NZ)
- Hoppers Garden Bar Ft. Steve Bird Wines (Marlborough, NZ)
- Fitzroy Lounge Bar Ft. Te Pā Wines (Marlborough, NZ)
- The Tinted Rose Ft. Scout Wines (Various, NZ)
- Fhloston Paradise Ft. Goldie Estate (Waiheke Island, NZ)
- Revelry Ft. Leftfield Wines (Various, NZ)
- Scandal Ponsonby Ft. The Elder Pinot (Martinborough, NZ)
For just $80 you'll get more than 33 tastings across the different venues, a $10 food voucher and a $25 wine voucher for any purchases you make on the day. All you need to do is decide where you’re starting.
After that, check out all the food news you probably missed this week.
Image credit: Bedford, Soda & Liquor
Editor's note: Urban List editors independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. Urban List has affiliate partnerships, so we may get revenue from your purchase.