Alright, so it’s pretty clear we’re breakfast bandits.
We’ve got a fetish for all things breakfast, and our flexible tastes means we go weak for waffles, eggs, avo on toast, and brekkie burgers, without a second thought.
Lucky for our hungry souls, we’re well looked after by the best cafes on the Sunshine Coast. The exciting mix of faithful old-timers and innovative newbies that make up the morning food scene, all have one thing in common: they serve up some of the best breakfasts on the Sunshine Coast.
Here, my fellow breakfast compadres, are 39 of the very best Sunshine Coast cafes you should have had breakfast at if you call this patch of paradise home. (Editor’s note: This list is in no particular order… that would be waaaaaay too hard!)
1. Decisions | Birtinya: Decisions are the pros when it comes to being naughty (#superjunk) and nice (#superfood). Get a fruity acai bowl one day and back it up the next with the Smashed Hash complete with bacon, eggs, and marinated feta.
2. Depot Café | Noosaville: We sound like a record on repeat, but hey, if you love the song, what’s the problem, amiright? And we’re loving Depot’s Toast ‘N Toppings, all the way to the breakfast bank, especially the fresh fig and ricotta combo.
3. Beau’s | Caloundra: Possibly the king pin when it comes to serving up some of the best breakfasts in Caloundra, try Beau’s Sweet Creamed Corn with salmon for a serious flavour punch. Then slide on over to Kings, for a day of beached out bliss.
4. Jimmy Fox | Noosaville: If the only thing turning you off street food is a gutter stoop or having to stand while you’re gobbling, Jimmy Fox offers street food, sitting down. Ummm…can we get hell yeah?
5. Little Boat Espresso | Marcoola: An unassuming and very cute beachside café, Little Boat Espresso serves innovative dishes that you won’t find on your average brekky menu. Adventurous eaters, you belong here!
6. Canteen | Noosa: Conveniently sitting in Noosa Junction, drop in to this all-rounder before gapping it to the points. Word has it Canteen‘s Granola Clusters are rather nutty.
7. The Velo Project | Mooloolaba: If you ask anyone where serves the best breakfasts in Mooloolaba, they’re probably going to direct you here. With a gigantic menu, you’re going to have to make breakfast at Velo a regular thing.
8. Skal | Peregian Beach: Skal‘s peanut butter chocolate smoothie bowl. That is all.
9. Urban Garden | Maroochydore: Coffee is the star but the TYO (Toast Your Own) bagels with cream cheese, come a close runner-up at Urban Garden.
10. Nambour Social | Nambour: We have it on good authority that you can only really rate eggs benny if the hollandaise is house-made. Good news, at Nambour Social it is. Better news, it tastes effin’ amazing.
11. Hand Of Fatima | Peregian Beach: A fave Peregian Beach haunt, Hand Of Fatima is the go-to for epic Middle Eastern cuisine just after sun up.
12. Noosa Hot Bread Shop | Noosa: Noosa Hot Bread Shop have anything your freakin’ French heart desires, but we would never go past the pains au chocolat or croissants. They’re just so damn flaky and buttery. And addictive. Beware!
13. Gainsbourg | Mooloolaba: If they weren’t so nice, they’d be annoying ‘cause they’re the kinda peeps that do everything well, even brekky. Basically, Gainsbourg is a must if you call yourself a breakfast boss.
14. Elliotts Bistro | Alexandra Headland: Blink and you might miss Elliotts Bistro, and you’d seriously hate to do such a thing! Order the potato, corn, and gruyere croquettes with fried eggs and bacon, and you’ll be floatin’ in breakfast heaven.
15. The Pocket | Moffat Beach: The coffee guns of the south, The Pocket rules anything with caffeine in it. And we all know the liquid stuff is the new breakfast of champions.
16. Grind | Noosaville: Across from the Noosa River AND a local fave, you’re gonna wanna book a table if you’re planning to have breakfast at Grind this weekend.
17. Monica’s | Maleny: This top breakfast spot in Maleny has just finished its renos, so if you haven’t been to Monica’s in a while or ever, now is the time. A sleek interior for an even sleeker breakfast menu.
18. Café Le Monde | Noosa: Locals and tourists make up the hustle and bustle at this Hastings Street café. It’s an oldie but a goodie.
19. Harvest Breads | Cotton Tree: Other than the fact that they do THE best bread, Harvest also does an awesome spread of AM dishes including green pea, feta and mint corn fritters with avo, aioli, and Harvest’s very own chilli pepper jam. Add bacon, and you, my friend, have picked one hell of a winner.
20. Winnie | Woombye: Created by the peeps who brought the magic that is Little Boat Espresso to the Sunshine Coast, Winne is a little wonderland tucked away in the tiny suburb of Woombye. Now if you haven't been here yet, you've probably committed a crime against the coffee gods. They make the best fresh baked treats too and their daily brekky specials are a must!
21. The Nines | Maroochydore: A homemaker centre isn’t where you’d usually expect to find some of the best breakfasts on the Sunshine Coast, but then again, there’s nothing ordinary about The Nines. Eat. Waffles. Now.
22. Your Place Espresso | Mooloolaba: Sometimes, all you want is a big breakfast piled high with bacon, eggs, mushies, tomatoes, avo, and grilled chorizo. The bigger, the better, and the guys at Your Place know it.
23. High Tide | Mudjimba: We love em’ in the morning, as much as we love em’ at night. A place for cool cats who like breakfasts that turn into lunches that turn into drinking sessions. High Tide, you’re not bad.
24. Francis Bean | Alexandra Headland: Breakfast = a mean toasted sanga at Francis Bean. Go with whatever’s on special and you’ll open yourself up to a smooth $10 deal, complete with one of the best coffees on the Coast. Boom!
25. Coco Loco Club | Moffat Beach: Like to start the day off on a healthy buzz? Firstly, kudos to you. Secondly, Coco Loco Club has your health-nut vibes splashed all over it—smoothies, acai bowls, juices, you name it!
26. Le Bon Delice | Peregian Beach: The tiny Le Bon Delice has a sprawling terrace and does a cracking croque monsieur. Devour slowly, then shop-hop through the village.
27. Noosa Beach House | Noosa: Two words—Buffet Breakfast. ‘Nuff said. Actually, you twisted our arms, Noosa Beach House do it seriously well.
28. Hungry Feel | Buderim: Where else can you get a BBQ Kingaroy pork belly banh mi for breakfast other than Hungry Feel? We just don’t know.
29. Little May Espresso | Montville: For the fluffiest scrambled eggs on the range head to Little May Espresso, and chow it down over a morning of people-watching.
30. Bistro C | Noosa: Beachfront. In Noosa. With amazing breakfast offerings. What more could you want than Bistro C, punk?
31. CK Wholefoods | Mooloolaba: If “health” is your middle name, CK Wholefoods is where your brekkie adventure should start. We highly rate The French Tower—stacked organic banana bread French toast with a whole lot of super tasty trimmings including figs, goji berries, and maple syrup (of course!).
32. Padstows | Noosa: This corner-hugging restaurant knows how to make Spanish eggs. And for that, Padstows, we’ll be forever grateful.
33. Guru Life | Rosemount: Want to escape the Coast without leaving it? Guru Life is a café slash espresso bar slash roastery, and their outta the way location makes their already delicious dishes taste that much better. How is that even possible?
34. Thomas Corner Eatery | Noosaville: A little bit fancier than your regular brekky spot but without the ridic prices (winning!), we’re hopelessly devoted to Thomas Corner‘s house-made Boston baked beans.
35. The Shak | Buderim: Healthy, organic and cool, The Shak have hit the flavour jackpot with their new brekky dish—Spanish baked beans with twice-cooked pork belly, beef and herb chipolatas, poached egg, and Walter’s long-fermented sourdough. Get in mah belly!
36. Shotgun Espresso | Maleny: Another Maleny fave, Shotgun has an all-day breakfast menu. Standouts? The roast pumpkin, ricotta and baby spinach buckwheat crepe. Gluten-free and delish!
37.. Bohemian Bungalow | Eumundi: There are reasons beyond the markets to visit Eumundi, and the eclectic restaurant that is Bohemian Bungalow, is one of them. So is their Field Of Dreams mushroom dish. Just ask!
38. Greenhouse Café | Caloundra: Greenhouse Cafe is THE cafe in Caloundra for vegans and vegos hanging for a breakfast outing.
39. Homegrown | Palmwoods: A café that’s totally worth jumping in the car for, Homegrown’s breakfast menu is divine, especially when it comes to their house-made French toast with new season pears and local Woombye figs. So fine!
Now we've got brekky sorted? Let's find out Who Does The Best Coffee On The Sunshine Coast here?