Everyone loves a cheapie, especially when it’s EOFY and you’re reeeeally holding out for that tax return. Want to live like a king until that sweet lil’ lump sum lands into your bank account? Here are 10 of the Sunshines Coast’s best cheap eats to try this July.
- Betty’s Burgers has JUST opened in Maroochydore…huzzah! Pop in to the Plaza and check out their new dig, and tuck into a Betty’s Classic for just $10. You can’t go wrong!
- We know you guys are OBSESSED with Rice Boi, and we’re not surprised – we are too! We’re drawn to their house made sriracha pork buns not just for the price tag (a cool $10), but for the taste, obvs…I mean, if the words “pulled sriracha pork steam bun with goma and chilli jam” don’t make you drool a little, we don’t know what will!
- What about an uber fresh poke bowl from Raw + Rice? With dairy, gluten and sugar free options this has to be a winner for all. It's also a great find for vegan diners too. Prices do vary but you'll get hella change from a $20.
- Everyone wants to be a winner, winner and now you can be with this weekly chicken dinner, AKA Wingsday, as we’ve come to affectionally know it. That’s right, the folks over at one of our faves Land & Sea Brewery are offering chicken wings for one buck, a single large gold one, a mere smackeroo, and we think it’s freakin’ awesome. And it's happening every single Wednesday. And if you're into wings Taps Mooloolaba's Wednesday $.50 Wing Night is also awesome if you're down on the southern end of the Coast and wanting some cheap eats.
- Scrounge around under the couch and find some extra coinage to go with your tenner, then head up the range to Monica’s Cafe one fine morning! This cute lil’ café has a handful of brekky options on the menu for $10.50 – choose from their bacon and egg roll, avo smash or eggs on toast. What a treat!
- Okay, so this one’s a little more than $10…but we promise it’s worth spending your extra pennies on! Mint Buderim, this gooooorgeous Buderim café that opened not too long ago, is serving up some delicious winter warmers that will fill your belly without burning a hole in your back pocket. Enjoy one of their delicious curries for just $13.50.
- Siam Spicy Thai serve up some of the most delish, authentic and cheap Asian eats on the Coast. This chilly winter weather is the perfect time to slurp on some tom yum soup, and luckily for you, you can enjoy it for less than $10. At just $9.90 with chicken, and $8.90 for the vegetarian option, you’ll even come back with change. Winning!
- You can get yourself a great feed on the cheap most days of the week at The Post Office! Burgers, hot dogs and parmies come in at $9.50 on Tuesdays, and samesies for all pizzas and pastas on Wednesdays.
- Also owning the cheap eats scene is La Canteena, with a different deal on their fresh, tasty Mexican munchies each day of the week. This month, we are crushin’ on their Thursday spesh, involving 50c wings and $10 pizzas. Perfecto!
- Thursdays this month are shaping up to be real naaiiice! Celebrate Friday eve with a $10 burg from The Good Bar. They also have a heap of $10 brekky options available all day e’rry day – The Early Mexican, The Cowboy Beans and The Hangover Cure. Have zero clue what we just said? You’d better get in and try them for yourself then – or, you know…you can check out the menu right here.
Looking for some more things to do on the Sunshine Coast? We've rounded up the best cheap things to do on the Sunshine Coast here.
Image credit: Land & Sea Brewery