Let’s be honest here, that new year’s resolution to get fit and cut out dessert from your diet, that’s long gone. So if you’re going to do it, do it right.
Melbourne has a ridiculous amount of amazing desserts that are right under your nose, and definitely worth seeking out rather than grabbing a cheeky doughnut from the Milk Bar on your afternoon stroll.
So whether you’re up front about your dessert consumption, or you keep it as your little secret, here are Melbourne’s best desserts.
- Start yourself off with a classic Tiramisu from Bar Carolina in South Yarra
- Cool down with a helping Turkish Ice Cream from Cuppa Turca in Northcote
- Stack it on by laying into the Layered Honey Cake from Little Odessa in Fitzroy
- The old-school rocky road gets a spruce up with the Rocky Road Cheesecake from Iki Jime on Collins Street
- See why Japan is mad for the Kakigōri at Supernormal Canteen in St Kilda
- And while we’re at it, you don’t want to go past the Peanut Butter Parfait from Supernormal on Flinders Street
- Wind the clock back with the Cherry Ripe Ice Cream from Dairy Bell in Malvern East
- Drill another notch in your belt and feast upon the famous Nutella Burger from Nuts About Tella in Brunswick East
- Take your milkshake up a notch with any of the Monsta Shakez from Twisted Sista in Preston
- Grab and Aussie classic with a Thai twist with the Milo Sizzling Roti from Son In Law in Collingwood
- The perfect dessert doesn’t exi……unless you’ve found the Meringue Monster from Luxbite in South Yarra
- Indulge your sweet tooth properly with the Ricotta Hotcakes from 5 Lire in North Melbourne
- Literally, any gelato from Piccolina smothered in their “Better Than Nutella” in Collingwood
- It’s always hard to choose but the Waffle Sandwich from Grand Trailer Park Taverna on Bourke Street is hard to go past
- The Raspberry & Rose Bombe Alaska from Pidapipo in Windsor is big enough for 4 people, but we reckon you can do it on your own
- If Nutella soft serve served in a doughnut cone is what you crave, you can get it from Tella Balls on La Trobe Street.
- Choose your biscuit, and ice cream, then wedge them together with the Whoopie Mac from Meatball & Wine Bar in Richmond
- We haven’t mentioned Nutella for 2 lines, so we figure we’d recommend the Nutella Doughnuts from Lui Bar on Collins Street
- Head to flavour country south of the border with the Cinnamon Spiced Churros from Cantina St. Kilda
- Get your Oreo, strawberry, and marshmallow fix with the Party Waffle from Tutto in Carlton
- Joining the line around the block is worth it to try the Croissant from Lune Croissanterie in Fitzroy
- Throw your ideas of a traditional Tiramisu out the window by tucking into the Tipomisu from Tipo 00 on Little Bourke
- If tearing into condensed milk straight from the tin is your thing then the Banana Roti from Chin Chin on Flinders Lane is right up your alley
- Mix your desserts with your spirits with the Rum Baba at Cumulus Inc on Flinders Lane
- Ginger spiced dulce de leche crèpes sounds ideal to us. That’s what you’ll find with the Panqueques from San Telmo on Meyers Place
- Keep it simple with the Lemon Tarte from Entrecôte in South Yarra
- If you’ve ever wanted to try spit-roasted pineapple, then you need to try the Tipsy Cake from Dinner By Heston in Crown
- Get a peanut butter overload with the OmNom Chocnut Bomb from OmNom on Flinders Lane
- Fancy a caramel overload instead? Then the Caramel Dome from Bibelot in Sout Melbourne is what you crave
- A twist on the classic with the addition of salted caramel makes the Rice Pudding from Hellenic Republic in Brighton a triumph
- For the best Chocolate Croissant in town, drop by Agathe Patisserie in South Melbourne
Before a good dessert you're probably going to need a fancy dinner, well, here are Melbourne's fanciest restaurants.
Image credit: Iki Jime | Jenna Fahey-White