Let’s be honest here, that new year’s resolution to get fit and cut out dessert from your diet, that’s long gone. So if you’re going to do it, do it right. Melbourne has a ridiculous amount of amazing desserts that are right under your nose, and definitely worth seeking out rather than grabbing a cheeky doughnut from the Milk Bar on your afternoon stroll.
So whether you’re upfront about your dessert consumption, or you keep it as your little secret, here are Melbourne’s best desserts.
- Start yourself off with a classic Tiramisu from Bar Carolina in South Yarra.
- Cool down with a helping Turkish Ice Cream from Cuppa Turca in Northcote.
- You don’t want to go past the Peanut Butter Parfait from Supernormal on Flinders Street.
- Drill another notch in your belt and feast upon the famous Nutella Burger from Nuts About Tella in Bundoora.
- The perfect dessert doesn’t exi……unless you’ve found the Meringue Monster from Luxbite in South Yarra.
- Literally, any gelato from Piccolina smothered in their “Better Than Nutella” in Collingwood.
- Anything from Bico in Brunswick, but more specifically their decadent Tartufo.
- Joining the line around the block is worth it to try the croissants from Lune Croissanterie in Fitzroy.
- Ginger spiced dulce de leche crèpes sounds ideal to us. That’s what you’ll find with the Panqueques from San Telmo on Meyers Place.
- Keep it simple with the Lemon Tart from Entrecôte in South Yarra.
- If you’ve ever wanted to try spit-roasted pineapple, then you need to try the Tipsy Cake from Dinner By Heston in Crown.
- Get a chocolate overload with the Smoking Rosemary Caramelia Cigar Box from OmNom on Flinders Lane.
- Fancy a hazelnut overload instead? Then the Hazelnut Praline Crunch from Bibelot in South Melbourne is what you crave.
- For the best Chocolate Croissant in town, drop by Agathe Patisserie in South Melbourne.
- Crunch your way through Melbourne's best cannoli at T Cavallaro and Sons in Footscray.
Before a good dessert you're probably going to need a fancy dinner, well, here are Melbourne's fanciest restaurants.
Image credit: Griffin Simm