Craving to scratch some of the Sunshine Coast’s fab hot spots off the to-do list, but your bank balance just isn’t playing ball? We get it.
You’ve loved our cheeky cheap eats wrap-ups in the past, so we’re back to help you out with another 11 of the best cheap eats on the Sunshine Coast.
1. We’re already kicking ourselves that we’re about to tell you this, but Daily Dose do $3 tap beers or house wines at 3pm. No joke! Or, if you rock up at 4pm and you’ll pay $4. That’s almost free, guys!
2. Your Place is serving up parmy-lovers a right ol’ feed along with a paddle of four mini tap beers for under 20 bucks. It’s only up for grabs on Thursday nights, so call your peeps and book it in!
3. Gainsbourg have got a new recruit among their breakfast offerings. Say hello to the wallet-friendly hello Beggysmalls combo. For bang on $11.90 you’ll get to scoff a brioche brekkie burger packed with bacon, egg, and Swiss cheese, and topped with a fingerlickin’ house relish. Plus, your caffeine fix will be well looked after with a smooth cup of joe. They’ve done it again, haven’t they?!
4. Turning Japanese? Cotton Tree’s much-loved Ginger Japanese serves up a mean chicken katsu for under $15. Boom!
5. If you’re scrapping your underwear drawer looking for loose coins, this might not be cheap enough for you. But for everyone else who knows value for money when they eat it (see what we did there?), Three Bar & Grill hosts a Monday Steak Night. You’ll get to choose between a 300 gram wagyu rump, blackened porterhouse, or rib fillet, whack on two sides (don’t go past the hand-cut chips), pick a sauce, and then wash it all down with a house wine or beer. All that epicness for $33.
6. Belly makin’ itself heard? If you’re around Maroochydore at lunch get to Corbin’s for a $10 pork banh mi. Got a tenner left over? Guzzle a craft beer to wash it all down—guaranteed to hit the spot, and then some.
7. As soon as smashed avo became a trend the price of this sought-after dish went up and up and up! But we’ve found this brekkie staple sitting pretty on the menu at Glass for less than $15. How happy this makes us, you’ll never know.
8. Free as a bird and it’s a Sunday? Wiggle on down to the Mexican alleyway joint that is La Canteena, for their brand new all-day $5 menu. We know it’s crazy, but don’t tell them that.
9. For those times when you wanna show mum and dad that you can get by on your own, shout them a Sunday lunch at Wood Fire Grill. Put down $60 and you’ll be served a meaty share plate and two sides—enough to take you all to a happy place. The drinks? Dad can get those. Wink.
10. We knew we could count on Good Bar to look after us at our lowest (and poorest). Grab a table at this Mooloolaba restaurant on a Thursday night and you’ll put your stomach right in the firing line of $2 tacos. We heart tacos, but we heart two-buck tacos wayyyy more.
11. Pretty sure we’ve been kind enough to tell you folks about this before, but in case you weren’t listening Alex Bar and Grill offers all mains for only 15 buckaroos on a Tuesday night from 5pm. It’s almost too good to be true. Pulled pork quesadilla or pan-seared salmon, anyone?
Image Credit: Daniel Hine for Metropolist