You know what they say—if it’s not written in a pretty diary, preferably one with a sleek design and maybe even some inspiring quotes scattered throughout—then it’s probably not going to happen.
For stationary geeks like us, shopping for a diary is one of the mightiest of pleasures that comes when the clock strikes the New Year, so we’ve done you a solid and rounded up some of the best out there.
Time to show 2018 who’s boss, and organise the hell outta it.
- When it comes to journals, nothing says “I’m in charge of my life” like a leather diary. We mean, there’s no way you can’t have your shit together if you’re pulling out such a smooth and serious book to make plans. Offering one page a day, this leather appointment journal will give you all the space you need to accommodate your daily happenings. They even offer personalisation, so bring on the gold-embossed on the front cover.
- A diary list without the stationary wizardry of Blacklist, would be a total sham. And even though they’ve got a bunch of delicious designs to choose from, we can’t go past the super calming vibe of the grey linen week-by-week diary. Ain’t nobody going to stress out this diary.
- For the minimalist lover, this sexy black signature diary dates from December 2017 to January 2019, which is super convenient if you’re planning next year’s New Year’s Day party already. We’re loving its hard cover—that’ll allow you to throw it in your bag and knock it about—the double page weekly and note spreads, and the free pen. Plus, when a brand with a name like An Organised Life is in charge of creating your diary, you know it’s gonna be a winner.
- Kate Spade can do no wrong. Get your luxe on with this black and gold spotty number, and we promise you’ll never look back. This large hardcover agenda comes complete with monthly and weekly spreads (gotta love a diary that has both!) printed stickers and laminated dividers. The best bit? You’ll look damn chic lugging this baby around.
- If tracking your days by appointments and times wigs you out, and instead writing long-winded reflections about the day that was is more your jam, then the Teresa lined notebook from Tuppence Collective is right up your alley. Plus, it’s under $25 which is a bargain if it means you no longer need to hire a therapist.
- This khaki beauty from MI GOALS is a weekly A5 hardcover diary, that’s kind of like that friend who always has your back. With sections for vision planning, goal setting and quarterly reviews, you’ll be able to check in to see if you’re on track. There’s also a monthly budgeter, so if you rack up the credit card on that new pair of jeans, it will be noted. Nothing goes past this diary.
- It was love at first sight with this pink flamingo-covered desktop daily life planner from Amelia Lane Paper. If you like space, and have a super busy work and social life, you’ll adore the day-to-a-page design, but it gets better. Created with a ‘whole of life’ concept in mind, this chunky book will be your go-to for any scheduling, to-do lists, big picture goals, health focuses or finance reporting. Basically, if you ever lose it or leave it somewhere, you will die, which is why it’s perfect for staying on the desk or in the kitchen.
- Pairing it right back, this big lookin’ scrap book from Little Paper Lane is actually a giant weekly planner. Left undated, so you can pretend that horrible week in June never existed (there’s only three weeks this month, right?) this is the diary for the person who doesn’t really want a diary but is sorta bending to be organised.
- Escape to the tropics with this palm-heavy weekly diary, also from Amelia Lane Paper. Not only is it insanely pretty but you’ll get a week to a double spread, a weekly goals section—and yes, only eating one pack of Oreos instead of two, is a legit goal—plus a bunch of boxes to tick to remind you how awesome you are at making stuff happen.
- Don’t want the guy on the bus next to you starting up an awkward combo? Whip out this “I Am Very Busy” diary by Ban.do and stop him in his tracks, stat. Small enough to carry around in your handbag, this A5 weekly diary is the perfect gift to give yourself as a belated Christmas pressie. You’re welcome!
- The Daily Edited gets our vote for taking the diary game next-level. Their mist grey 2018 planner is completely swoon-worthy with a personalisable leather cover, pen and card holder. Inside, it’s all about the weekly view layout, monthly calendars and the planner insert of your choice—think: budget, goals, health + fitness. Before the end of the new year hits, you’ll already be placing an order for 2019, you’ll see.
- Coral is the colour of NOW and this daily diary from the peeps at Rifle Paper Co. is swooping in as one of our faves. Covered in a book cloth with metallic gold accents, it’s feminine without being too princessey. On top of 12-month weekly and monthly calendar pages, this gem is also loaded up with inspirational quotes, a pocket folder and sections for notes, celebrations and the deets of the most important people in your life, but as if you’d ever forget your BBF’s phone number.
Got visitors staying? Show them the best of our region with the ultimate guide to the Sunshine Coast for out-of-towners.
Design credit: Sarah Law for The Urban List and Blacklist