Want to know which Sydney bars we are drinking in tonight?
From dive bars to serious cocktail dens and glistening rooftops to wine haunts, we’ve rounded up 50 of the best bars in Sydney that you should have been to.
So, pull up your socks and a glass of red, dear readers, and devour our list of Sydney’s best bars. How many can you check off the list?
1. We’d swap water for the packaged Pearl Diver at Sydney bar and restaurant, Ms. G’s.
2. Sip Southsides and chomp hotdogs at Mojo Record Bar.
3. Check out Merivale’s latest masterpiece (and one of the best bars in Sydney), Coogee Rooftop.
4. The Bearded Tit. Need we say more?
5. Blink and you’ll miss it, Honey Rider is one of the best Sydney bars north of the bridge.
6. Serving craft beer, burgers, and tender fried chicken, there’s certainly something about Mary’s.
7. Let’s just say we know one reason the single ladies flock to Sydney bar, Firefly (have you met Henry?).
8. Dear York Lane Bar, you had us at pork belly pancakes!
9. Get in line at one of Sydney’s best bars, The Cliff Dive and meet Don The Beachcomber’s Zombie.
10. You haven’t seen Sydney till you’ve visited Blu Bar On 36.
11. Influenced by The Colonel, Mr. McDonald, school canteens, Ikea hot dogs, and carnivals, welcome to epic Sydney bar, Hemingway’s.
12. Descend the stairs to underground whiskey den, The Baxter Inn.
13. Next door, there’s always something going down at Sydney bar, The Barber Shop.
14. Step into Freda’s for live music and rollicking good times.
15. Basement Sydney bar, The Lobo Plantation, has you rum-lovers sorted.
16. Rally your friends and get to The Hold for craft beer and tacos.
17. An oldie but a goodie, Shady Pines has long been heralded one of the best bars in Sydney.
18. Down classics and twists at Black Bar.
19. The combo of Pimms and beef sliders at The Botanist get it on our list of the best bars in Sydney.
20. It’s all things English at The Chip Off The Old Block, with drinks like the Artful Dodger and tasty morsels like lamb and pea pie and smoked ham hock.
21. Jump into Grasshopper, one of the Sydney’s original small bars.
22. Serving up late night supper and classic cocktails, head upstairs to Gardel’s.
23. Pocket-sized Stitch Bar is keeping the city folk well hydrated.
24. For a taste of the Deep South, get to Miss Peaches Soul Food Kitchen.
25. Take a trip back to the 1920s with Sydney speakeasy, Palmer & Co.
26. Whisky and dumplings go hand in hand at Uncle Ming’s.
27. Kick back at Grandma’s ‘retro-sexual haven of cosmopolitan kitch and faded granny glamour’.
28. Keep your summer fun going at The Bucket List—a must on any list of the best bars in Sydney.
29. Lovers of a Dark and Stormy, settle in to Sydney bar, The Hazy Rose.
30. We’ve got only good things to say about The Blind Bear.
31. A hub for Sydney’s fashion set, Icebergs has cemented its spot on our list of Sydney’s best bars.
32. If your idea of good time is a couple of reds, step into Corridor, one of our favourite bars in Newtown.
33. Ever seen glow-in-the-dark jellyfish? We have, at The Smoking Panda.
34. Stop in for a relaxed dinner and drinks at Manly’s Miami Cuba.
35. Enjoy sweeping views of the city at Opera Bar.
36. Button Bar, don’t think we forgot you—we know you belong on our list of Sydney’s best bars.
37. And so do you, Loco Coco at Bondi Hardware.
38. For your late night Sydney pizza fix (with frozen margaritas to wash it down), there’s no place like Frankie’s.
39. Arcadia Liquors, don’t mind if we do.
40. The Soda Factory makes our list of Sydney’s best bars, specifically for their bourbon and vanilla cherry coke floats.
41. Head to one of the best bars in Sydney, SoCal Neutral Bay.
42. Sydney bar, Bulletin Place will curb those midweek blues.
43. Classics, tikis, and a smorgasbord of absinths, welcome to Papa Gede’s Bar.
44. It’s cocktails first, questions second at Darlinghurst bar, Hinky Dinks.
45. Get acquainted with cocktail wizardry at Zeta Bar.
46. Soak up the views at The Star’s dazzling Sky Terrace.
47. Favouring whisky, cognac, and Aussie craft beers, what’s not to love at Ramblin’ Rascal Tavern?
48. Newtown watering hole Earl’s Juke Joint ain’t for the faint hearted.
49. Mix things up Down The Garden Path at Apothecary.
50. Rounding off our list of Sydney’s best bars is none other than rock ‘n’ roll favourite, Vasco.
Image credit: The Smoking Panda