Fact: everyone’s got their coffee-making business pretty dialled these days.
But, if we were forced to pick a bunch of our faves and compile them into a list, shining a light on some of the best coffee on the Sunshine Coast, we dare say it’d look a bit like this.
So, if you live ‘round these parts, and are in need of getting yourself totally high on sweet, glorious caffeine—bookmark this baby, and go forth!
1. For a quick hit before you start trawling the Plaza on your gift-buying mission, enjoy your last minutes of R&R with a flat white in the sun at Foster & Black.
2. When “let’s grab a coffee” really means “let’s gorge on the most epic cakes ever at Tome and then wash ‘em down with a creamy latte”.
3. Highly rated as serving up some of the best coffee on the Sunshine Coast, we’re also into Urban Garden for its awesome people-watching posi in Maroochdyore. Oh, and if you’re yet to check out the Nambour store… dooooo it!
4. Yes, it’s the prettiest party boat we’ve ever seen but Catalina also has a hole-in-the-wall-style coffee shop at the wharf. Serving up Single O coffee, if MV Catalina is moored, you can take your coffee aboard. C’mon, where else do you get to drink coffee on a boat on the Noosa River?
5. It’s funny. We’re not even exaggerating when we say if you want your coffee made by one of Australia’s best baristas (Tilly has a drawer full of awards to prove it) head to Lamkin Lane. Srsly.
6. Before coffee was cool, Costa Noosa was pumping them out to loyal locals and tourists in the know. With the old-timers of Sunshine Beach, you can’t really go wrong.
7. Maybe it’s the super smooth coffee, maybe it’s the cool fit-out, maybe it’s the hidden away location, maybe it’s the super friendly staff… maybe we just love it all at Coolum Beach’s Compound.
8. Sure, Little Boat Espresso’s brunch menu is heaven on a plate—but can you imagine how much better it is when paired with a Vintage Black Co. coffee? Two words: sah good!
9. First Batch is kind of a local secret. It’s tucked away in Noosa’s industrial estate which means it’s not really a place where you’re going to be rubbing shoulders with tourists. Unless they’re reading this.
10. Alex beach-goers are pretty much given the keys to a super productive day thanks to the caffeinated goods coming out of Milk and Beans across the road.
11. If you want to choose more variety than a blend and a single origin, then Clandestino Roasters, otherwise known as the gods of coffee, is the place to head.
12. Good Bean can be found smattered across the Coast. From Mooloolaba to Nambour to USC, these guys are consistently good— just like their name suggests.
13. Coffee is aplenty in Peregian Beach, but if you like yours served with a dose of Vitamin D and a deliciously healthy acai bowl, then make Skal Coffee your next port of call.
14. Another Caloundra fave—if you’re heading to Kings for a lazy beach day, make sure you stop by Beau’s for one to go.
15. Moff friends are well looked after by the characters at The Pocket. Sure it may get busy, but busy means good, right? Right!
16. There will be no FOMO once you rock up to FOMO and order a steaming cup of All Press coffee. How do you like them riddles?
17. Cruising through the Noosa Hinterland and crossing off this bucketlist? Make Fox and Hound your pit stop, and get their cold brew in front of you, stat!
18. If you’re ever doing an airport run from the south, turn off the motorway a tad early so you can do a drive through Pacific Paradise and an obligatory stop at Bean There Done That for a mighty brew. From 6am this crew has got you sorted!
19. Ask Tewantin locals where they keep caffeinated, and you’ll get one answer—Zabé Espresso. With any luck you’ll get to sip your coffee to the sounds of a live tune or two on the old piano.
20. This will hardly be news to the folk of Mudjimba, but for those of you who haven’t visited possibly the cruisiest beach town on the Coast, you are/have been/and will continue to miss out on the epicness that is The Island Surf & Espresso. You’ve been told.
21. We still get heart eyes over Padre. This gallery-like roaster slash coffee house is our kinda space. The coffee isn’t bad either.
22. We’re suckers for coffee shops down back alleyways. Throw in some vintage furniture, records, and some seriously fine coffee and it’s most likely you’ve landed at Villain Espresso.
23. Is it too much to say these guys are the gurus of coffee making? Probs not. If you want an out-of-town feel without going too far out of town, Guru Life has got your back.
24. Skaters gotta drink, and slurp coffee they will at Boardstore in Maroochydore. But be warned, your morning hit could get pricey if you go adding a new deck to the bill.
25. If you’ve done the markets like a hundred times but have visitors coming to hang, drop them off on your way to Humdrum and tell ‘em to meet you there when they’re done. You get your coffee, they get to tick off one of their holiday boxes—it’s a win-win.
26. Fair trade, feel-good coffee is what’s on offer at artisan roaster cum cosy spot to perk up, The Colombian Coffee Co. And if you feel like taking it to the nek-level, these guys also offer coffee-making courses to the public.
Need your coffee with a side of wifi? We’ve got you covered with this round up of Sunshine Coast cafes with wifi.
Image Credit: Moriah Overell