Okay, we don’t want to freak you out just yet, but we’ve only got 12 days of this luscious summer left!
Now, let me ask you, how do you want to spend those last precious minutes of your summer life? Us? We’re working our way through this list of things to do on the Sunshine Coast before summer is over.
1. Put that gym membership on hold until March, and get sweaty by going on one of the Sunshine Coast’s best hikes.
2. Embrace your Sunshine Coast local status and be thankful you don’t live on the Gold Coast. Or worse, Toowoomba.
3. Sun = beer. No? Guzzle a schooner or six at these craft beer hotspots, then tell us you don’t agree. #notgonnahappen
4. Drive around Noosa for half an hour, swearing you’re going to get the next park only to head for the safety of home’s driveway five minutes later. C’mon, it happens to the best of us.
5. Save your dosh for a rainy day or just any day that isn’t in summer with 15 must-try cheap eats on the Coast.
6. Score. Or score a GF/BF with these cracking first date ideas.
7. Prove you’re the breakfast buff you say you are by conquering 27 of the best breakfasts on the Sunshine Coast. Go on, we’re watching.
8. Whack on that new Fitbit you found in your Xmas stocking and pound some of the best beach paths in the region. Wear togs for a well-deserved dip at the end. Ahhh!
9. Escape your bubble and head to the north to taste your way around Noosa the best way we know how—coffee.
10. In Noosa and cat got your tongue? Try one of the lines every Noosa local has said at some point.
11. Jump in your car and hit the road for a summer daytrip. Do not turn on the air-con. It’s summer, you’re meant to be hot.
12. While you’re at it, find out what your car says about you. You’ll be surprised!
13. Go on an Insta-walk and share your pics with us — @metropolistsc
14. Grab your girls and go on a cocktail trail. Much like an art trail, you’ll see (then taste) pretty things and spend a whole lotta money. Oh but you’ll feel so goooood!
15. Cruise along Noosa River while sipping on cocktails with the Coast’s newest Sunday sesh—Saltwater Sundays.
16. Get the gang together for a lazy weekend breaky in the garden at this epic new café.
17. Watch an episode of Action Bronson then feast on our drool-worthy burgers. There’s no way you can feel guilty after you watch what he cooks up.
18. Skip the supermarket and shop in the sunshine at the best markets on the Sunshine Coast.
19. Open your coastal abode to friends from interstate, but make sure they know that sex in your bed is totally off-limits.
20. Dust off your picnic rug (a beach towel will do the trick too) and head to a movie under the stars at Coolum, Eumundi or Maleny.
21. Try something for the first time—like exercising upside down with AntiGravity Yoga.
22. We all know new year’s resolutions don’t actually kick in until about February, maybe March (if the guilt takes a little longer to sink in). So, in the meantime, devour everything on this naughty little list.
23. Spend all day at the beach, and then take your salty self to devour some of the best fish and chips on the Sunshine Coast. Seriously, if you haven’t already done it this summer, what are you waiting for?
24. Get drunk and then have fun feeling sorry for yourself with the best hangover cures. Ever.
27. Convince every guy who has a man bun that it’s time for a chop. Seedy moustaches are where it’s at.
28. Watch the sunrise. From a mountaintop, from the beach, from your bed. Just get up that early, once this summer. We won’t ask you to do it ever again. Promise!
29. Do something you’ve spoken about for ages. Like getting that tattoo.
30. Give yourself a free, full-body exfoliation at the beach. Who knew sand was so receptive.
31. Lose the house and pitch a tent for a weekend. Eat outdoors, explore the bush, cool off in swimming holes. Summer, you rock! Snakes, you do not. Watch out!
32. Go chasing waterfalls. Because TLC said not to, and when people say stupid things like that, we always do the opposite.
33. Grow your knowledge bank. Read a book that’s totally out of the norm for you. Like romance? Go a biography. It will change you.
34. Fight off the kids at Aqua Park Coolum for 50 minutes of intense fun. No, myyyyy turn!
35. Taste first hand why espresso and a martini go together so well with this espresso martini hitlist.
36. Get absolutely soaked in an out-of-the-blue summer downpour. Gotta love that summer rain.
37. Practise your summer animal sounds, preferably the “giek-oh”, at an afternoon barbecue.
38. Hire a kayak or a SUP and explore the Sunny Coast’s rivers and passages. Noosa, Pumicestone Passage and Cotton Tree are clear winners.
39. Eat your way around Caloundra in the AM with these top breakfasts.
40. Make like a tourist and surf club hop up and down the Coast. Want views? We got you!
Image credit: Sunday Supply Co.