Buckle up because your week just got hella magical thanks to this tried and tested beverage recipe. Thanks to the overlord of online recipe books that is the internet, we’ve reproduced both an accurate AND an artery-clogging Butter(ed)beer making method that’ll satisfy any and all of your Harry Potter taste-related cravings. And fair warning—this stuff will kill you. (Drink it in moderation, if at all).
Here’s how to make Butter(ed)beer at home.
- 500 mL of vanilla ice cream, softened
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 700 mL of vanilla cream soda (ice cold)
- Rewatch all eight Harry Potter movies in a row with no toilet breaks. And then just like KFC, promise yourself you’ll never do it again.
- Pop to the shops for the ingredients. RESIST the half price Woolies Caramel mudcakes by the entrance and cash in on the Whiskers 5-for-7 canned chicken loaf special while you’re there.
- Head home and allow the ice cream to soften for about half an hour on the bench (blasphemy but necessary).
- Take out a large bowl and combine the butter, sugar, and spices, then mix well with the softened ice cream and stick the whole combo in the freezer.
- Watch Lady Gaga’s Netflix documentary ‘Five Foot Two’ and then soak up the tears with a dirty tea towel because that shit is RAW.
- Head over to the stovetop and heat the creaming soda until warm but still bubbly (it should take just over 3 minutes).
- Pop a healthy (as in big, not light on size and sugars) scoop of ice cream into each glass and drown it in warmed or chilled creaming soda.
- Take a photo of your heart-attack inducing abomination and Instagram it with the hashtag #iamanorgandonor or #iamNOTanorgandonor.
Check out all of our other great recipes here.
Image credit: Patrick Fore