Melbourne’s been gripped by Pokemon Go fever for over a week now, and with the rise in budding Ash, Brock and Misty wannabes has come a wave of epic deals at cafes and restaurants around the city, as well as tips for finding prized Pokemon amongst Melbourne’s streets.
If you’re looking to make the most out of your status as head honcho of Team Mystic, or simply want to turn the few Pokemon you’ve managed to collect in your pokedex into some IRL deals that’ll save you a penny or two, read on…
Offers For Pokemon Trainers
There are heaps of venues throughut the city that are offering deals for Pokemon trainers, depending on your skill level and what you’ve caught in the surrounding area. Our faves are:
Free Chips at Fish & Chippery by The Atlantic, Southbank
Fish & Chippery by The Atlantic is serving up a free portion of chips with every burger purchased for any Pokemon fans who are are out catching along the Crown Riverwalk. All you need to do is…
- Take a screenshot of a Pokemon along the Crown Riverwalk or in the Crown Complex
- Show your screenshot when buying a tasty burger at Fish & Chippery by The Atlantic
Epic Discounts at Lost Heaven, Melbourne CBD
Tucked inside of 206 Bourke Street, Sichuan eatery Lost Heaven is offering 10% and 30% discounts for Pokemon trainers, depending on the rare Pokemn that they have caught. For a full list of the Pokemn who will earn you a hefty saving, check out their Facebok page.
Half-Price Wraps at Mama Rumaan, Docklands
You can tuck into Middle Eastern wraps for as little as $4 at Mama Rumaan if you’ve been out catching Pokemon in Docklands! All you need to do is:
- Take a screenshot of a Pokemon on Central Pier
- Show the screenshot when you pick up your lamb, chicken or falafel wrap between 12noon and 3.30pm. Helloooooo lunch!
10% Off At Dangerfield, Melbourne CBD
Flinders Street’s Dangerfield fashion store is giving all trainers 10% off their fashion finds. All you have to do is show the assistant your Pokedex when you pay. Too easy!
Free Jugs Of Beer At The East Brunswick Hotel, Brunswick East
East Brunswick Hotel, which is also a poke gym, offers a free jug of beer for the current gym leader. If that doesn’t spur you on to train your Pikachu, we don’t know what will.
Free Coffee At Mill & Bakery, Docklands
If you’re in need of a caffeine buzz, get to Mill & Bakery At Central Pier on Central Pier for a free coffee with any pastry after 2pm for Pokemon masters.
- Take a screenshot of a Pokemon on Central Pier.
- Show the screenshot when you buy a drool-worthy cake or pastry after 2pm from the Docklands café for a free coffee.
There are also heaps of businesses setting up lures to attract all the Pokemon in town. Know of any good ones? Drop me a line!
We’ve heard that Melbourne is a hotbed for some of the most rare finds in the game. It you’re looking for the following, here’s where you’ll find them:
- Pikachu: Melbourne Central, Kew East
- Aerodactyl: Doncaster Westfield
- Jynx: Near to Macleod Station
- Snorlax: Crown Complex
- Vulpix: Vermont Tennis Club, Sydney Road and Blyth Streett in Brunswick, St. Kilda Beach
- Porygn: Burwood
- Onix: Flagstaff, East Beaumarais
- Electabuzz: Near Barkly Gardens and Citi Power in Richmond
- Use this handy server checker to tell if the Pokemon servers are down across the country.
- Are you a Virgin Mobile or Telstra customer? You can recharge your phone for free in all of their stores to keep your battery prepared for any Pokemon you’ll encounter.
- Bribe your Pokemon loving mates to join your team with one of Doughnut Time’s Pokeball doughnuts. How could they resist?!
Image credit: Nintendo via Imgmr