Are you absolutely wild for potatoes like us? Do you think there should be more festivals in Victoria dedicated to potatoes? Well boy oh boy do we have news for you!
On Saturday May 5, the small town of Trentham will once again play host to The Great Trentham Spudfest–now in its 11th year–that will engulf the small town, and draw potato fiends from around the state, and even the rest of the country.
Trentham is about a 1 and ½ hour drive from Melbourne, turning off the Calder Freeway at Woodend you’ll find it about halfway towards Daylesford.
What can we expect at this amazing event you ask? Well, let me enlighten you.
- Spud games, and spud activities galore
- Fresh spuds for sale from local farmers
- A tractor pull on the old railway line
- A historical photographs exhibition
- A photato-ography competition (umm, yes please)
- Market stalls featuring great food and beverages from the local area
- An animal petting farm
- Races, free music, and so much more
For the full rundown on everything happening at The Great Trentham Spudfest, head to their festival guide here.
You can also find their Facebook page here.
Looking for somewhere new to explore in Victoria? Check out all of our great local escapes articles.
Image credit: Nic D