The fun on the Sunshine Coast doesn’t stop when summer finishes! Let us help you through this tough time with this list of epic things to do this winter.
1. Hello, entire bottle of shiraz, my old friend. Come and join me on the couch.
2. Make like Macklemore and pop some tags at the Coast’s best op shops.
3. Adopt a furry friend to cuddle at night… or any time really.
4. You may not have seen the light of day recently, but get a killer spray tan and you’ll look like you’ve just stepped off the sand.
5. Pack your overnighter and head for a hinterland staycation. Get wining and dining at these spots while you’re there.
6. Netflix and chill. Standard.
7. Sweat, baby, sweat with a hot yoga class.
8. Make your friends think you’re a whiz in the kitchen when you serve them a seemingly gourmet meal from your slow cooker, when really all you did was throw a bunch of things in and hope for the best.
9. Embrace the winter spread and work your way through this bucket list of desserts.
10. Warm your body and fill your belly with a generous serving of massaman curry.
11. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean the sun disappears — take advantage of sunshine without humidity and climb Mount Ngungun, Tinbeerwah or Tibro.
12. Get to know your local fine food purveyors with a Maleny Dairies farm tour.
13. Dress cute and cosy, and get ready for a night of feasting at the Sunshine Coast’s newest night market, Timari Village Marketplace.
14. Cool mornings call for coffee dates and lots of ‘em! Catch up with your besties at these snug cafes.
15. Load up your winter layers with a loaded hot chocolate from The Nines.
16. Big steamy bowls of pho from Moom will without a doubt get you through winter — go there once a week, minimum.
17. Winter calls for hearty, soul-warming comfort food, so look no further than Dirty Moes for the best in the biz. Our fave? Smoked wagyu beef brisket, slow cooked for 12 hours and topped with their famous housemade BBQ sauce. *drool*
18. Bury yourself in your warmest blanket and cuddle up with a good book. Need some suggestions? Have you read these yet?
19. Did you know we have some world-class wineries in our own backyard? Rustle up the squad and embark on a group wine tour.
20. Carb load and tuck into a big ol’ bowl of pasta from Locale.
21. Didn’t get around to all these hikes in autumn? Tick them off your to-do list this winter.
22. Make your next date night on a Wednesday and head to Brouhaha Brewery. Pizza and a bottle of wine for $50? Ace!
23. Now that it’s not sweaty AF, let our fave beauty therapists give your skin the love and attention it deserves.
24. Road trip it all the way to Brisbane’s winter wonderland — igloo pop-up bars are now a thing. Yeah, you heard us!
25. Winter equals campfires and toasted marshmallows. Do it while it’s legal.
26. Can’t do a campfire? We’ve got the next best thing — check out these divine restaurants with fireplaces.
27. Stone fruits may be out of season, but strawberries have swooped in to take their place. Stop by Strawberry Fields and pick your own.
28. Escape to the country and check in to one of these beautiful farm stays.
29. Sip on some whisky at these sweet bars.
30. Put your culinary skills to the test with a cooking class at Spirit House.
31. Treat your feet and buy some actual Uggs.
32. Scroll through Instagram looking at the places you’d rather be.
33. Explore a new suburb. Live in Peregian? Have brunch in Caloundra for a change. Hail from the hills? Get to know Mooloolaba like a local!
34. Make this delicious mug cake.
35. Sunrise occurs at a much more appropriate time in winter, so start your day off by soaking up those first rays of Vitamin D. You may freeze, but it’s worth it for the snaps.
36. If mornings aren’t your style, an afternoon beach walk is the next best thing!
37. Get the whole gang over for a night of beers and board games.
38. Or, swap out the beers and make some ridiculously smooth espresso martinis.
Image credit: Amy Higg