If you’re in the mood for some next-level boho and vintage shopping, to-die-for food and cocktails, and epic beach lounging, but you can’t face trying to find parking on Hastings St, then just head around the corner to Noosa’s Eastern Beaches.
Stretching from the end of the National Park at Noosa headland, through Sunshine and Sunrise, right down to Peregian, these exposed beaches have a totally different vibe to the sheltered bay of Main Beach. In fact, everything about these beaches is different to Noosa. More local, more chilled, and dare we say, a slightly less pretentious vibe?
So if you’re heading to this magical little spot on the Sunsine Coast, what are things you just have to do?
- Rifle through the racks of vintage heaven for that perfect denim pinafore at Style Workroom.
- Find your zen with Vinyasa Yoga at Sunshine Beach.
- Live out your European dreams on a budget—order a Croque Monsieur and a coffee at Periwinkle, and people-watch from the outside tables.
- Get the Insta shots of a lifetime by taking a walk to the Fairy Pools, hidden away in the Noosa National Park.
- Head down to Mooshka on the weekend and chill out to the DJ’s spinning old school vinyl and a cold beer.
- Raid the piggy bank and splash out on some seriously uber-luxe homewares, bedlinen and fabrics at Otilly and Lewis.
- Feast on arguably the best yum cha on the Coast at Embassy XO.
- Gather the crew and pretend to be a Kardashian with a mini-break at this unbelievable beachfront luxury house in Castaways Beach.
- More than just amaaaahzing espresso—grab a healthy take-home meal from Skal Coffee.
- If you’re an early bird, take yourself for a sunrise dip at Sunrise—seems only appropriate really. And if you’re not an early riser—make an effort and do it anyway. Your soul will thank you.
- Line up in your thongs and bikini for a chiko roll and a milkshake with some Frozen Sunshine iceblocks at Off the Hook.
- Take your best four-legged mate for a splash in the ocean at Marcus dog beach.
- Plan an epic weekend brekky at Pitchfork. No boring options here—we can vouch for the ricotta and nutella crepes.
- Get your hands dirty at Veggie Village, Peregian Beach’s community garden. Get some inspo for your own garden, or just get back to nature among the organic veggies, native bees and passionate green thumbs.
- Get all sophisticated at Spritz Sundays at FOMO Brewing—Aperol spritz for only $10. Winning!
- Channel your inner Betty Draper with oh so on-trend mid-century furniture, artwork and design at midmodoz.
- Pretend you can actually see the whales (pointing out random splashes in the waves to tourists helps the illusion) as you sip on your Campos coffee at Chalet and Co.
- Take in the spectacular views of the Coast with a cruisy stroll up Emu Mountain. We promise, you don’t even need hiking boots!
- Blow up your inflatable pineapple, pack your mandala towel and the latest Gillian Flynn and find a peaceful spot among the dunes for an afternoon of me-time. Yep, you can actually find huge stretches of beach with no one to bother you.
- If you’re up with the sun, get your caffeine hit at Hand of Fatima from 5am.
- Get creative with your sewing machine at Loretta’s In Stitches. Get started on your own unique and sustainable wardrobe after you hone your skills in these sewing courses for beginners through to advanced, with evening and weekend classes on offer.
- Bring your besties along and make them share one of everything on the menu at Sum Yung Guys.
- Head for some retail therapy at The Romantic, Bedouin Traders, Bohemian Sundays, Harper St and Watermelon Red.
- Maybe get a trim at General Officer while you're at it too.
Image credit: Amy Higg for The Urban LIst